Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/02/2015, 08:57 AM   #26
oshanickreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge1995 View Post
Holy Smokes Pife does know how to make Saltwater! Glad to see it! Although I am not sure what smack is gonna do with all his spare time, not beinfg able to harass you and all. I guess it is only the sump wet so he still has time!
not for long b**ches!

Instagram: Oshanickreef
oshanickreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2015, 09:03 AM   #27
Pife
Registered Member

How about a teaser of the sump.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2015, 09:20 AM   #28
oshanickreef
Registered Member

It's just a clear box...

What is your total water volume gonna be? If you had to guess?

Last edited by oshanickreef; 04/02/2015 at 10:16 AM.
Unread 04/02/2015, 12:20 PM   #29
Pife
Registered Member

I don't like to guess but between 300 and 400 gallons.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Unread 04/02/2015, 02:29 PM   #30
Pife
Registered Member

I thought I would break up all the tank building pictures with some coral shots.

Unread 04/02/2015, 06:12 PM   #31
makeshift101
Registered Member

Unread 04/02/2015, 07:15 PM   #32
Mr D smack
Registered Member

I've got plenty if time you know it only took 2 years for this sump right

Unread 04/03/2015, 09:45 AM   #33
_E_
Professional Lurker

That's going to be an awesome sump. Congrats of the progress.

"If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination."

Current Tank Info: 140 DSA with basement sump room
_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2015, 11:19 PM   #34
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _E_ View Post
That's going to be an awesome sump. Congrats of the progress.
Thanks. I think it's going well.

Unread 04/04/2015, 09:25 AM   #35
Pife
Registered Member

Smile

The sump is done and I installed it. The drain comes into the right side then goes over and through either filter pads or filter socks. I put in a couple of ledges of acrylic so that I can run either. Then it goes through one more over under so that I can do water changes while the system is running. Now to start in the plumbing!

Unread 04/05/2015, 07:48 PM   #36
Pife
Registered Member

I've got started on the plumbing. Planning it out on paper and making one trip to get plumbing parts never work. It didn't for me at least. I have been to the store several times and always buy extra and still need more. Here's a shot of half of the supplies. I will use sweep 90's where possible and 45's.

Here is a picture of the drain for my frag tank. I'm hoping it will work the way it is plumbed. I installed a gate valve on one of the two drains. They are 1 1/2 inch drains so I know they can handle a ton of flow. I made the wiers adjustable to help with balancing the drains.

Unread 04/06/2015, 12:53 PM   #37
mpcart
Registered Member

Keep it up and we'll have to start picking on someone else.

I know what you mean about the plumbing. I have a huge box of fittings, valves, etc. - seems like more than I started with.

-Mike

mpcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2015, 02:22 PM   #38
Pife
Registered Member

I have 90% of the plumbing done now! What I don't have done I can't do as my dt isn't in place yet. I was able to stick with using 45's instead of 90's. It makes it a little harder but not much. I ran schedule 40 pvc and used true Union ball valves.

I'm powering this system with an Iwaki 70. I hope it's enough flow for my frag tank and dt with a couple of reactors if I need them. I just ordered a Jebao Dc3000 to feed dirty water to my skimmer. I think it will make it much easier to dial it in this way.

Unread 04/07/2015, 10:11 AM   #39
Pife
Registered Member

Tough crowd here. I have built a stand for my skimmer and calcium reactor and tank to sit on. I painted it the bright green that I have been using. I also cut some foam to put under the skimmer and reactor to cut down on vibrations.

I painted my plumbing black to help hide it. It went well. I used a Pvc primer first then just a semi goes black over that. I made a little stand for my return pump so that I could install antivibration pads under it.

I worked on my rock scape for a little while also. I have to put a lot more water weld on it in the coming days. I'm really happy with how it is turning out.

Unread 04/07/2015, 10:39 AM   #40
oshanickreef
Registered Member

Looks dope. Ima come by and check it out later today. Hopefully I can dodge the hail. And Morpheus.

Last edited by oshanickreef; 04/07/2015 at 11:33 AM.
Unread 04/07/2015, 11:02 AM   #41
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcart View Post
Keep it up and we'll have to start picking on someone else.

I know what you mean about the plumbing. I have a huge box of fittings, valves, etc. - seems like more than I started with.

-Mike
Not to long and I'll have it going.

I swear the fittings reproduce in the bags at night.

Unread 04/07/2015, 11:03 AM   #42
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshanickreef View Post
Loos dope. Ima come by and check it out later today. Hopefully I can dodge the hail. And Morpheus.
Come on over I'm sure my Great Dane will love seeing you.

Unread 04/07/2015, 11:34 AM   #43
oshanickreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
Come on over I'm sure my Great Dane will love seeing you.
im sure he will to

Unread 04/07/2015, 05:06 PM   #44
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshanickreef View Post
im sure he will to
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my scape. I should have most of it "glued" together tonight.

Unread 04/07/2015, 07:18 PM   #45
kegogut
Registered Member

Looking good Pife. The scape looks like its going to be pretty cool. a lot of tonga there.

Are you still wanting to grab that big piece of LR I got sitting in my sump?

"I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them." --Nicomo Cosca.

Current Tank Info: 225 mixed w/ 225 sump 550 lbs live rock,3x MarinePure ceramic blocks,Skimz SM201,Geo 618 CR,Vectra L1,DOS automatic water changes,3x 250w MH w/ 4x actinic T5,All ran by Apex thru Fusion.--57 community tank w/ OR T-247,120 nem tank.
kegogut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2015, 07:32 PM   #46
_E_
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pife View Post
I swear the fittings reproduce in the bags at night.
They do that for me too. Well, all of them except the one that I need to complete a build. Lol

Looks like things are moving along well now. Love the look of that scape.

"If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination."

Current Tank Info: 140 DSA with basement sump room
_E_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2015, 07:51 PM   #47
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kegogut View Post
Looking good Pife. The scape looks like its going to be pretty cool. a lot of tonga there.

Are you still wanting to grab that big piece of LR I got sitting in my sump?
Thanks Dave.

I don't know if I'll need it. I was going to put it in the left side of the scape but just put some more Tonga over there. Thanks again for the offer. It's a huge piece of live rock.

Unread 04/07/2015, 07:56 PM   #48
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _E_ View Post
They do that for me too. Well, all of them except the one that I need to complete a build. Lol

Looks like things are moving along well now. Love the look of that scape.
I was at the store buying more plumbing today and even they were out of what I needed.

It's been a long time in the making but I'm finally devoting the time needed to make it all come together. Thanks, I have bought a couple hundred pounds of tonga branch to build that scape. Not to mention all the hours I've put into epoxying it all together. I'm glad you like it.

Unread 04/07/2015, 08:12 PM   #49
Hodge1995
Registered Member

Pife you better slow down you are getting out of control!

Current Tank Info: 300 Gallon Reef / JBJ 28 pro
Hodge1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2015, 06:03 AM   #50
Pife
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge1995 View Post
Pife you better slow down you are getting out of control!
But I need to get it running.