Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/20/2009, 07:51 AM   #1
golby
Registered Member

Aquarium Fish book - Scott Michel

There are two on Amazon that I'm looking at and they appear to be the same, but different. Can someone recommend one book over the other?

A PocketExpert Guide to Marine Fishes: 500+ Essential-To-Know Aquarium Species (Paperback)

-or-

A PocketExpert Guide to Reef Aquarium Fishes: 500+ Essential-to-Know Species (Microcosm/T.F.H. Professional) (Paperback)

Thanks!

pH: 8.2
Amm: 0
'trite: 0
'trate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Copper: 0
Calcium: 360-420
dkH: 9

Current Tank Info: 90g internal overflow; 30g sump; ~325 Watts 6500K CFL bulbs; 100 lbs LR; mixed reef with LPS (frogspawn, torch, trumpet and bubble) and softies (leathers, mushrooms and lots of zoas)
golby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/20/2009, 08:45 AM   #2
screwtape
Registered Member

The reef book focuses on reef safe marine fish (won't eat coral/inverts etc), if you're planning a reef I would recommend this book. If you're going for FOWLR or an aggressive tank you might want the other one.

screwtape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, reef fish