Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/09/2017, 02:10 PM   #1151
JordyRoo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyRoo View Post
Hi guys & girls, im looking for a good program for my hyperion, runs 4 x 39w T5s. Currently using the Fiji program with T5s on for 5 hours. Any suggestions would be great thanks
Any suggestions please? mixed reef.

JordyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2017, 02:14 AM   #1152
JordyRoo
Registered Member

Also is there a new android app or just the beta?

Unread 12/12/2017, 10:02 AM   #1153
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

@JordyRoo - If You have SPS corals best will be Bali program, please only reduce red and orange coulurs to about 50%. T5 should be ON for about 11h.
Last application for android You can download here - http://pacific-sun.eu/wp-content/upl...i/SMR_1.7b.apk

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2017, 01:31 PM   #1154
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordyRoo View Post
Any suggestions please? mixed reef.

Hi Jordy
I run mine (SPS dominate tank) exactly as Pacific Sun suggested for the last 1.5 years and growth is just right. I don’t run my T5’s for 11 hours thou

Bali program (started at 35% lamp power) currently at 45%
Red and orange set at 50% all others at 100%
T5’s are on from 11am to 6pm

Only suggestion is to change T5’s at 8 to 9 months. I tried to stretch mine to 11 months and corals suffered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2017, 01:37 PM   #1155
paal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paal View Post
Przemek, did you run some dB tests?
:-)

paal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2018, 08:14 PM   #1156
elFloyd
Registered Member

Where can you buy Pacific Sun fixtures in the US?

elFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 04:52 PM   #1157
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Contact with dean@deepwaterdistribution.com or chris@deepwaterdistribution.com

Unread 01/17/2018, 04:53 PM   #1158
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paal View Post
:-)
Hi
I completely forgot!
I will do tests tomorrow, when I will be in home(in office we have too high background noise..)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 02/05/2018, 12:42 PM   #1159
Gringo87
Registered Member

anybody got some good color settings for a aquarium with a lot of lps.... because when i rurn bali my sps is not happy and pacific sun will not answer me

Gringo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2018, 06:39 AM   #1160
Cygace
Registered Member

Hello Guy,

I come here to ask you some questions about my new Pandora Hyperion R2 (the biggest one).

I received the lamp with a firmware 9.5g3 and I'm using the software 9.5g3 (tried also 9.5g4).

I launched the bali software, the mount operation takes a few second and after a new launch of the software I have this screen

Is it working without any modification or do I need optimize the other settings ? Which parameters the bali program is applying ?

If I want to touch to the timing settings, I'm not allowed to do that because the settings are greyed out.

This lamp replace my previous Triton R2 and here I want really fine tune my new product.

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud

Cygace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 11:39 AM   #1161
Molatov
Registered Member

Hi every one, I've been running my pandora for about a year now and love it.but it's time to replace the acrylic led covers and I want to have the glass in hand before disassembly. It looks like 3/16" over hang would be safe making the new lenses 2 5/16x11 3/16 obviously I can't measure accurately without taking it apart. Do there dimentions seem ok?

Molatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 04:46 PM   #1162
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygace View Post
Hello Guy,

I come here to ask you some questions about my new Pandora Hyperion R2 (the biggest one).

I received the lamp with a firmware 9.5g3 and I'm using the software 9.5g3 (tried also 9.5g4).

I launched the bali software, the mount operation takes a few second and after a new launch of the software I have this screen

Is it working without any modification or do I need optimize the other settings ? Which parameters the bali program is applying ?

If I want to touch to the timing settings, I'm not allowed to do that because the settings are greyed out.

This lamp replace my previous Triton R2 and here I want really fine tune my new product.

Thanks for your help.

Arnaud
When you are running BALI PAR program you can't change sunrise/sunset time. This program modify spectrum and intensity during the whole day mimic natural sunlight on 2m depth waters in south of Bali Island.

If you want run BALI PAR program but with possibility adjusting color spectrum, sunrise/sunset time etc - simply upload BALI scenario file (for 9ch lamps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molatov View Post
Hi every one, I've been running my pandora for about a year now and love it.but it's time to replace the acrylic led covers and I want to have the glass in hand before disassembly. It looks like 3/16" over hang would be safe making the new lenses 2 5/16x11 3/16 obviously I can't measure accurately without taking it apart. Do there dimentions seem ok?
If your lamp is one year old - contact with our service, they will send you replacement glass(if something wrong happened with your actual one).
Actual shields are made from special tempered glass which not block any spectrum lightwaves.
lease send mail to service [at] pacific-sun.eu
Thank you,

Regards

Przemek

Unread 02/17/2018, 07:34 PM   #1163
BoDiddley
Registered Member

With buying a house and what not I have been out of the game for a little bit and the ballasts went out on my HyperionS2(just replaced with new units) I'm on firmware 1.7 is that the latest one or should I "upgrade" the lights firmware...I have the balisun program running and it kept most of the corals alive in my 90g even without T5's for a year or so

BoDiddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2018, 02:18 AM   #1164
Molatov
Registered Member

Thank you przemek I think it was new old stock because it has acrylic lenses and there burnt. It's great to know you have replacements I'll find a model # and send an e mail. Would it be easier for me to buy those from the us distributor?

Molatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2018, 08:22 AM   #1165
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

@Molatov - please send us mail at service@pacific-sun.eu with Your address and photo of sticker in back of lamp with production data and lamp serial number. We will check warranty.

Best Regards
Pacific Sun Service.

Unread 03/02/2018, 03:35 PM   #1166
paal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hi
I completely forgot!
I will do tests tomorrow, when I will be in home(in office we have too high background noise..)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 03/05/2018, 08:04 AM   #1167
Ted_C
Registered Member

Has anyone recently tried to install the new software on a fully updated Windows 10 machine as of 3/1/2018?

The software doesn't install at all for me (no entry in c:\program files... no start menu folder, no desktop icon) - but I can still run the software from the executable that's inside the extracted RAR file.

Last edited by Ted_C; 03/05/2018 at 10:21 AM.
Ted_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:06 PM   #1168
BoDiddley
Registered Member

the software with window's 10 seems to be very screwy...Its also terrible and often crashes(atleast for me)

I do the same and just run it from the RAR file but I have my Hyperion S2 just running the Bali Sun program and I don't mess with it often because of how terrible it is(may be a benefit?? corals like stability right?)

BoDiddley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 01:48 AM   #1169
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

We get this information from users that there is some problem with installation on last Windows 10 version. Our programmers already working on it. We will release improved version on our web site soon.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.0

Unread 03/27/2018, 10:19 AM   #1170
Jodokus
Registered Member

How to change Bali

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
Hello

@JordyRoo - If You have SPS corals best will be Bali program, please only reduce red and orange coulurs to about 50%. T5 should be ON for about 11h.
Last application for android You can download here - http://pacific-sun.eu/wp-content/upl...i/SMR_1.7b.apk

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.
Hi, how do I do that, changing red and orange? I thought the Bali preset overrides the color settings?

Thanks, Christian

PS: Running a PS Hyperion S 8T5 2LED

Jodokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2018, 04:20 PM   #1171
JordyRoo
Registered Member

Hi again, im having issues with my 8 x T5 S2 unit. The far left LED the blues are flickering & going really bright now staying on. Can anyone shed any info on this & how to fix it? Ive took the case off & had a look, the drivers look ok, no obvious marks on it. I am liasing woth the tech team but just wondered if anyone had come across this before?

Unread 04/09/2018, 01:36 AM   #1172
PacSun Service
Registered Member

@JordyRoo - We get Your mail at service mailbox and as I know You already get answear. You will allways get faster answear on mail than here or any other forum.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

Unread 04/13/2018, 02:43 AM   #1173
JordyRoo
Registered Member

Thanks, ordered my new parts.

Whats the ideal height for the fixture from the water?

Unread 05/05/2018, 02:23 AM   #1174
paal
Registered Member

I just sent this by eMail to PacSun service, but since it is Saturday morning, maybe someone here can help me out before Monday(?)

Hi,
I have a Pandora Hyperion 8x39W / 2x 145W unit which have been running for almost 2 years.

Earlier this week, the unit was unplugged and without power for 2 days. When I returned the power, I noticed the clock did not run; LCD display showed wrong value.

If I go to the [General Settings]-tab on my computer and click [Set date/time], then the new correct value is sent to the lamp, and LCD panel changes / lights turn on/off according to program. After this though, the clock does not run by itself (LCD panel will just keep showing same value) I therefore have to manually turn the lamp on/off by sending new time-info every morning/night.
I uploaded "SMR_v1.7android.bin", but this did not change anything (I believe this was the version I had already installed)

Any ideas?

Unread 05/05/2018, 07:18 AM   #1175
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello Paal,
Disconnecting from power shouldn't be as source of that problem.
Have you tried Default settings to bring factory settings?
I regret that you not contacted with service directly after it happened first time, they would be able to assist you before weekend
I have sent prompts about that to them also but I worry that before monday morning they will not be able to do any remote work
Regards

Przemek