Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/16/2017, 02:53 AM   #1
oldman1974
Registered Member

About to start using Aquaforest

I've been reading all posts about Aquaforest and I've now been convinced by other aquarists to try this product by making up my own component 123 .
My aquarium perimeters are as folllows . Calcium 450 , Magnesium 1350 , Kh 9.5 . They have been stable like this for the last 2 month using RedSea Foundation Powder products . But I've been convinced to try Aquaforest because of the price . I've been dosing manually but I now have a Kamoer 4 Channel Wifi Dosing Unit and 5 litre containers .

I'm making up the following solutions ...

Container 1 Aquaforest Calcium 250g , Aquaforest Mag 50g , Aquaforest Component A Strong 25mls + Components B Strong 25ml .

Container 2 Aquaforest Kh 400g and Aquaforest Component C Strong 25mls . Container 3 Aquaforest Reef Mineral Salt 125g and Aquaforest Component K 25mls .

My aquarium is (After Displacement) 800 litres . Any idea as to what I should be dosing in equal quantities ? I've been told to start with 50mls daily and recheck after 24hours and reassess . But looking at the info I'm reading , I'm going to need to dose 400mls per day which sound a lot and not financially viable and I'd be better off staying with what I was dosing before .

Any help will be fully appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2017, 01:14 PM   #2
plyle02
Registered Member

There are really no dosing instructions because it will always be about coral cast, this varies from tank to tank. That said, I would use around the same dosage you have been using to control alk, and use component 2(alk) as your set point, then dosing all other liquids equally. If running low nutrient tank, using probiotics, I would recommend maintaining lower alk, especially with SPS corals. If not, simply maintain the value that you have been averaging. Cheers.

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2017, 01:55 PM   #3
oldman1974
Registered Member

Many thanks for your input plyle02 . I think I'll start low and work up because being a Chef it's like the old saying goes ... You can always add but you can't take out haha . Cheers once again .

Unread 06/19/2017, 03:17 PM   #4
plyle02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman1974 View Post
Many thanks for your input plyle02 . I think I'll start low and work up because being a Chef it's like the old saying goes ... You can always add but you can't take out haha . Cheers once again .

20 years in restaurant business here, lol.... Best of luck, let me know if I can help!

"Anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" ~Buddha~

Current Tank Info: 50 Gallon AIO Cube, Aquamaxx WS-1 Skimmer, LED/ Hybrid 4x24 watt t5
plyle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 12:49 PM   #5
oldman1974
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plyle02 View Post
20 years in restaurant business here, lol.... Best of luck, let me know if I can help!

Cheers bud