Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/05/2012, 09:36 AM   #1
justinbarstow
Registered Member

Angry you call this customer service?

I have been a loyal customer for year and have spent thousands of dollars t your store. last week you sent me a pump w/ a cracked housing. I plumbed it in and turned it on to find water spewing everywhere. I called Thursday morning to report the problem and stressed the fact that I needed some kind of replacement over-nighted to me to be received by Friday at the latest. here it is Saturday and day # 4 of no pump. I am very dissatisfied w/ your "customer service" and will be purchasing all future goods from your online competitors as well as let others in my community know the experience I had. it infuriates me that you have been so careless w/ what you know are your customers passions and ignore what is obviously an extremely time sensitive matter. are you going to pay for damages to livestock am die off? like I said, I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars and this is the respect you pay to your loyal patrons. it's ****ed up and you just lost one. this housing better be overnight priority or I will seek legal counsel for damages. this concludes our business.

justinbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:05 PM   #2
bayoupr
Registered Member

Your situation must be the one in a million. Always had excellent service from PA.

bayoupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Boboli
Registered Member

Slow down Mel Gibson!

Boboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:29 PM   #4
theplatypus
Registered Member

breathe

theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:31 PM   #5
j tavares
Registered Member

WOW Does not sound like premium aquatics at all ,something is not clear here.

j tavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Blueline12
Registered Member

What were you using before? Can't you use the original pump for the time being? I understand your frustration but I'm sure premium aquatics did not manufacture the pump, they just sell the product. You can't really demand a pump to be overnighted to you at their expense. I'm sure they will make good.

Blueline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 04:49 PM   #7
bayoupr
Registered Member

j tavares, +1

Unread 05/05/2012, 04:55 PM   #8
hybridazn
Registered Member

Lol @ the legal action comment. Give me a break

hybridazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2012, 05:02 PM   #9
James77
Registered Member

You can very easily prevent livestock loss from any pump failing. Im assuming this is a return pump, so while it may be a PITA, vital equipment like heaters can be placed in the display. Circulation can be made with a powerhead or two.

Receiving a damaged pump is in no way PAs fault, damage happens during shipping. If you demanded they ship overnight at their expense, that is not in any way fair to expect them to do that for something completely out of their control. If you asked for overnight shipping, paid by you, and they failed to do that....then something happened. Have you received any tracking info from them?

It is about the smartest thing in the world for anyone in this hobby to have back up equipment should something fail. I have old powerheads going back years, extra heaters, and an exact replacement return pump that I picked up used and cheap. If you have thousands of dollars in livestock, a couple hundred in backup equipment makes sense. I would drop the whole lawsuit threat, you could never win that since PA is in no wrong. Your livestock is not their responsibility. But threatening that will just cause them to ignore you as being irrational.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 08:00 AM   #10
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Hi Justin, I'm very sorry for the mixup on the replacement front cover. I just left you a voicemail a few minutes ago as to what was going on, and you should be seeing a replacement front cover for the pump that was damaged arrive to you by tomorrow morning at 10:30am. Please call me if you have any questions, 317-895-9005.

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 04:14 PM   #11
bayoupr
Registered Member

Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Keep up the excellent work PA.

Unread 05/09/2012, 03:03 PM   #12
Hoosierfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
Hi Justin, I'm very sorry for the mixup on the replacement front cover. I just left you a voicemail a few minutes ago as to what was going on, and you should be seeing a replacement front cover for the pump that was damaged arrive to you by tomorrow morning at 10:30am. Please call me if you have any questions, 317-895-9005.
There's a reason why I keep shopping at PA. And it is this.

Hoosierfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Tennsquire
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridazn View Post
Lol @ the legal action comment. Give me a break
Unfortunately, that's what it's come to these days. People threaten "legal action" all the time, but very few actually know what they're talking about. Maybe there should be some type of a bailout or something....

Current Tank Info: 75 reef (2x 250 ReefOptix IIIs, AB 10k bulbs w/ 330 watt VHO, EuroReef RC135 skimmer, multicontrolled Tunze 6095's X2); 40 sps prop tank (Outer Orbit Pro 150, Euroreef CS6-1+ skimmer); 20 softie prop tank
Tennsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2012, 03:02 PM   #14
Sport507
~Just a Farm Boy~

Premium Aquatic (family owned) has A+ customer service; you tend to have that with people who really love and care about this hobby. I go there on a regular bases and have not talk to any employee that does not have a saltwater tank and the knowledge that goes with it.

Now the complaint comes from a member here that joined in 2/11/2010 with a total of 13 posts. Now, that’s getting involved.

If you click on the complainers ID and view statistics and read all posts, it speaks volumes.

If you do not test for it, DON'T dose it.

Indiana INDMAS Member
Sport507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2012, 07:52 PM   #15
kderobertis
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbarstow View Post
I have been a loyal customer for year and have spent thousands of dollars t your store. last week you sent me a pump w/ a cracked housing. I plumbed it in and turned it on to find water spewing everywhere. I called Thursday morning to report the problem and stressed the fact that I needed some kind of replacement over-nighted to me to be received by Friday at the latest. here it is Saturday and day # 4 of no pump. I am very dissatisfied w/ your "customer service" and will be purchasing all future goods from your online competitors as well as let others in my community know the experience I had. it infuriates me that you have been so careless w/ what you know are your customers passions and ignore what is obviously an extremely time sensitive matter. are you going to pay for damages to livestock am die off? like I said, I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars and this is the respect you pay to your loyal patrons. it's ****ed up and you just lost one. this housing better be overnight priority or I will seek legal counsel for damages. this concludes our business.
Your very unprofessional by airing this on the forum. Take it offline and resolve it professionally. Your posting a threat on a public forum, very unprofessional!

Unread 05/28/2012, 09:55 PM   #16
chadfarmer
Premium Member

my problem is this guy is blaming PA for a shipping problem that they fixed why not just have a back up pump. thousands invested and no back up

Current Tank Info: 200 Gal RR,ATB medium, 4 AI blue sol,230 LBS LIVE ROCK, no sand , 40 GAL sump, airstar1800, 3 tunze 6105 1- 6205 1-6305, Geo 818, profilux3ex with toys
chadfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/29/2012, 04:07 AM   #17
cutegecko3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfarmer View Post
my problem is this guy is blaming PA for a shipping problem that they fixed why not just have a back up pump. thousands invested and no back up
My thoughts exactly. Even if the pump wasn't damaged when he received it, there is no guarantee that it wont fail sometime done the line. Everyone who cares about their livestock understands the need for backups.

Always keep powerheads on hand for emergencies. I'm even going to get a battery powered air pump for power outages.

Enjoy.

cutegecko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2012, 07:17 PM   #18
fish clown
Registered Member

Ya I pretty much agree with all of you on this but I recently found one thing that made me think a bit. First of all ive been trying to figure out why I have high phosphates and I heard hight tds can cause that so I tested the water i get from premium and it was 76!!! To me i think thats kind unaceptable. I geuss i know where my high phosphates came from. If that water i brought home was that high i would also think that everything in their store and also everything the shipout as far as livestock uses that same water. Also when ive been in the store ive seen a few fish espessily blue tangs just floating in the water almost motionless; the way I see that is premium either has not great water quality or the people that deliver the fish to premium do a bad job or maybe a bit of both. Im still a custumer of premium but not exactly a loyal custamer as far as anything live but if I was getting drygood this is the first place id go. Has anyone else noticed this with premium???

fish clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/31/2012, 07:40 PM   #19
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

It sounds like one I our part time Friday or Saturday guys got you out RO water and not DI. We Only sell DI which is always 0 tds, but sounds like there was a mixup. We use a large RO only system for our fish, invert, and rock system. We then have a smaller RODI system that we use for the coral tanks. Pour out the water you got and bring your containers back in to be filled again.

Unread 05/31/2012, 08:08 PM   #20
fish clown
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
It sounds like one I our part time Friday or Saturday guys got you out RO water and not DI. We Only sell DI which is always 0 tds, but sounds like there was a mixup. We use a large RO only system for our fish, invert, and rock system. We then have a smaller RODI system that we use for the coral tanks. Pour out the water you got and bring your containers back in to be filled again.
Ok thanks. Just for the heck of it I tested other jugs and one tested 8 tds and another tested 34; i bought 40gal. of water. Now im just confused why its doing that. I use the hanna insterments tds meter that I bought from you guys so either the tds meter is not working right or yout ro system is wacked up or ? When I was there about maybe a month and a half ago I asked if you had ro/di water and they said no. Just to make sure I dont dump in anymore junk water into my tank I will bring in the tds meter because i cant let my phospates get any higher and im wondering what the other water read that I dumped in my tank from that past.

Unread 06/02/2012, 07:19 PM   #21
fish clown
Registered Member

I tested another "RO" water jug and it was 174tds!!! Well you guys basicly selling tap water or there was a big mixup.

Unread 06/04/2012, 12:53 PM   #22
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

With the readings you're getting I'd suggest bringing in both some water you got from us, as well as your TDS meter. I have a feeling your meter might be off. I just checked TDS on the RO system and we were at 41, input being 493. Our DI system was reading at 0 TDS, with same input. If you've ever used these containers for saltwater, or anything else, any residue that's left over in there will dissolve and give you a higher TDS reading. Shoot me an email to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com if you want to look into it more.

Unread 06/25/2012, 11:07 AM   #23
fish clown
Registered Member

Ok just to clear all this up for everyone that read about the high tds thing from premium, i did use probaly all of the jugs for saltwater at some point so that explains alot including the various readings of tds in different jugs. just wanted to clear that up.

Unread 06/25/2012, 02:55 PM   #24
jkcoon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfarmer View Post
Agreed... I'm also shocked this guy hasn't posted and apology yet... seems like top notch Customer service to me...

I've never ordered from PA before but work in Customer Care for a large corporation and the thread title caught my attention. I have to say, after reading this, I will definintely be giving some of my money to PA in the near future. Irony at its finest.

jkcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/25/2012, 08:05 PM   #25
DipG
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoupr View Post
Your situation must be the one in a million. Always had excellent service from PA.
+1...great customer service. I love how they go out of their way to help new reefers understanding products.

DipG is offline   Reply With Quote