Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Proline Aquatics / Royal-Exclusiv
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/15/2008, 07:16 PM   #1
swiseman
Premium Member

Struggling with Decision. Which BK

I have a 112 gallon that is on the heavily stocked side. I also have a predominately heavy sps collection that are fairly mature. I have a basement sump that is 66 gallons and holds two Deltec skimmers that are gravity fed. The skimmers are a Deltec APF600 and an AP 600. Both are working well and I have no algae or nitrate issues despite the fact that I like to feed heavily. In addition to the 66 gal sump, I also have a 33 gallon refugium full of chaeto.

I would like to replace the two gravity fed skimmers with a BubbleKing and am unsure which one I should go with. I should also mention that I have the skimmers set to produce a very dark skimmate and the collection cup on each one will be full of dark green Deltec Tea in about 4-5 days, although, I generally clean the collection cups every other day.

I am leaning towards the BK 200 Supermarin or the Deluxe 200 internal. Is there another model I should be looking for? I should also mention that no major upgrades are planned for the next few years and even if I do it will be to a 180 gallon display so it will be an increase of only 68 gallons total.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gal SPS Reef, 3 x Ecotech Radion LED, 66 gal sump, Vertex Alpha 250 Kone Skimmer, GEO 6-18 Ca Reactor, 2 x Tunze 6105, 1 x Vertex MP40W, Profilux III EX
Old 04/17/2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Proline
Registered Member

Swiseman
Both of those models would work great ,the SM series will produce a little wetter skimmate compared to the deluxe.
If your bioload is really on the heavy side & you will upgrade to a larger tank as you said some might say to consider BK DLX 250,
however the 200 is more than enough in my opinion.
Closest store to you that stocks that skimmer will be;
SEA U MARINE in Toronto ,you can talk to Ken
Tel : (905) 475-1089
Cell: (416) 419-8068
or J&L can also bring that in for you as well
Tel : (604) 444-1161.
Regards
Chris

Old 04/17/2008, 03:18 PM   #3
swiseman
Premium Member

Thanks,

I am a J&L guy.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gal SPS Reef, 3 x Ecotech Radion LED, 66 gal sump, Vertex Alpha 250 Kone Skimmer, GEO 6-18 Ca Reactor, 2 x Tunze 6105, 1 x Vertex MP40W, Profilux III EX
Old 04/17/2008, 05:14 PM   #4
Proline
Registered Member

No Problem
Good Luck with your decision.
BTW
Like your signature , I think be hard to get the BK by here using that line.

Regards
Chris