Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/03/2015, 01:32 AM   #1
abhutta
Registered Member

Red BTA - Behaving strangely

Hi Folks Have had a Red BTA for about 8 mnths. He hosts two clowns. About two months ago moved my tank and upgraded to a 90g from 55. In the new tank he has moved around the rock quite a bit but seemed to have settled in a spot for about 3 weeks. Yesterday, he left the bottom of the rock and started migrating up the tank and now has wedged himself in the corner of teh overflow box and is partially closed up. Clowns are still hanging with him and nesting. Should I be concerned? Could he be sick? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

abhutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2015, 07:34 AM   #2
hotelbravo
Registered Member

He doesnt sound sick if he is moving around and remaining sticky. But will need a picture of the mouth to be positive. It sounds like normal behavior to me though

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon, 40b sump. 3x OR T247 lighting, Reef Octopus protein skimmer, phosban 550 reactor, tunze ato, gyre xf 150, 2x mag 9.5 returns.
hotelbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2015, 08:59 PM   #3
top shelf
Registered Member

I would try and coax him away from the overflow box, if he gets sucked into it the nem will likely be damaged which could result in death.

Current tank info: 45g SCA Cube
top shelf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bta amenome, sick