Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/03/2015, 11:25 AM   #51
BlackShark087
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahreef View Post
Did you have to reinforce your floor? For your returns it's sealed on the bottom so it goes up and in the sock? Also not sure how your doing your bubble trap. A skimmer will introduce micro bubbles which impacts perceived visibility
Floor sit on a fondation straight to the ground. (old fireplace sit here before)
Yes return sealed, No bubble trap for now if I really need one that gonna in between skimmer and baffle.

Current Tank Info: 265G Show + 125G sump
BlackShark087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2015, 12:49 PM   #52
reefitted
Registered Member

Congratulations on your build and the courage to start a thread for input. Your stand and display in beautiful. Your evolve into a KISS format is key. As with most input I agree to flow in one direction. If you were able to put sox in two corners (current design) go for one side with a single bubble trap to control water level for sump and easier skimmer adjustment. Use 2/3 sump for sox, skimmer and peripheral pumps (UV, chiller, reactors ect.) then single bubble trap then 1/3 for return and probes (after the trap). I agree to no light in sump, much cleaner. If you want a refugium, you've already plumbed to garage where light will not be a problem. Iso tank has to be on stand alone system anyway. If you can, plan for SPS system parameters, you never know where this hobby will take you. Again, good job, I'm excited for you

reefitted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2015, 06:36 AM   #53
langley.aaron29
Registered Member

Great thread, and thanks for sharing! I'm a newby and I'm currently working to setup a 210 display with a 75 gallon sump. I'm working with a used setup so most everything is where it's gonna be. My sump is running left to right..., and formerly housed an algae scrubber in the center section. I'm planning to drop the scrubber and adding a refuge and reactors... gfo and carbon. My question is about how you have the reactors placed in your sump drawings. Is it recommended they go in the sump? I have been planning to move some plumbing and position my two reactors outside the sump. So, what's the rationale for in or outside the sump? I may add a bio pellet reactor down the road if vinegar or vodka dosing doesn't work out... and that (if I understand correctly) would sit in the sump adjacent to the skimmer. Thanks again for sharing your sump setup!

langley.aaron29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2015, 11:37 AM   #54
BlackShark087
Registered Member

Its pretty calm on the project for now, here is my last design I tried to simplified as much possible and keep in mind easy maintenance.

Unread 08/28/2018, 08:42 AM   #55
BlackShark087
Registered Member

Okay Back to the project here is my last sump drawing and update for excepted hardware, I simplified as much possible I still intend to run the system full syphon with mainly fish only and few soft coral.

1X 7 inch Filter Sock 200 Micron Poly with Plastic Oring

Tunze DOC Skimmer 9430 DC
https://www.tunze.com/SI/en/catalogu..._tunzeprod_pi1[predid]=-infoxunter014

Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 Wifi Controllable Pump, 1000-2500gph
http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettag....idprodotto=126
More to come...

Tags
265g, diy, large reef, marineland, quebec