Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Puget Sound Aquarium Society (PSAS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/14/2017, 01:57 PM   #1
steveg1980
Registered Member

New to the Seattle Area

This club forum seems really quiet, but thought I'd post to see if anyone is around. Just relocated from Southern California to Bonney Lake, WA. I have a 28G JBJ NanoCube that I'm just restarting. Had it set up previously with a few fish (coral beauty, watchman goby, a few damsels) and some soft corals (mushrooms, leathers, xenia), but it has been sitting empty in the garage for the last 7 years (we sold our house and rented a new place that wouldn't allow fish tanks over 10g). So I'm feeling like a beginner again, but I've really missed having a tank.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum might have suggestions for a good LFS near Puyallup or Tacoma. I've done some basic research online so far, but it seems like the only LFS that carry saltwater/reef stuff is up near Bellevue or Federal Way. Hoping to find something closer. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Current Tank Info: JBJ 28g Nano Cube Quad PC Deluxe
steveg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/14/2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Papermonkeys
Registered Member

I strongly suggest SeaKing Aquariums in Bellevue. Although he mostly carries coral he's usually got some nice fish. I also go to Denny's Pet World in Kirkland (mostly for supplies and freshwater fish) but have bought some frags and a Flame Angel from them that is doing well. I've checked out Saltwater City also in Bellevue, but never bought anything (and have heard mixed reviews.) I also drop into Sierra Pets in Renton when I'm down south (Used to live down there, so they used to be my go to and have a huge selection of FW) . Been meaning to check out the other SW store in Renton (near the seahawks training thing) but haven't had time.

I would at least give SeaKing a try, he's super friendly and usually can get you deals on gear/equipment. I'm also really new to salt water in general so maybe others in this group can help out. If you want more info about the 3 spoke mostly about drop me a pm.

Papermonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote