Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/12/2009, 02:52 PM   #1
spstimie
Registered Member

CO2 scrubber

http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/08/...ises-raise-ph/

The best part is It just got released and I already figured out the DIY

spstimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Jeff
Registered Member

Hello from Chicago!
I saw that and drooled over it since it would help my low ph problem. The problem in my case is that it would probably exhaust in a month and the refills are expensive. It looks to be a modified RO/DI chamber with some kind of media. I am running around 225 gallons of water thru my system which, I belive, would kill that thing rather quickly.
Please let us know what you figured out .

IWNFT343F

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 20
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 06:15 PM   #3
stugray
Premium Member

You are talking about "Soda-lime".

It is also used in re-breathers for regenerative scuba systems.

Stu

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 08:24 PM   #4
reefsafe
Premium Member

Be careful guys. This product has a patent pending and DIY'ing does violate patents. Just a heads up.

Mike

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1969509

Current Tank Info: 360 Gallon AGE tank, Radion lighting, mp60 pumps and lots of equipment
reefsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Jeff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reefsafe
Be careful guys. This product has a patent pending and DIY'ing does violate patents. Just a heads up.

Mike
Good point but it would be nice to be able to at least get the media cheaply.

IWNFT343F

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine 20
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/12/2009, 10:41 PM   #6
stugray
Premium Member

"Be careful guys. This product has a patent pending and DIY'ing does violate patents. Just a heads up."

Yes but this is another case of "been there done that".

You cannot ( let me rephrase - SHOULD NOT be able to ) patent something that has been done for MANY years.....

Scrubbing CO2 from water is not a new technology.
Just because someone comes along and says "AS IT APPLIES to AQUARIA" does not mean you thought of something "novel".

If you get a patent for that NOW, it just means the patent office has run AMOK.

Stu

Dont even get me started over the "Solaris LED suit", or the "Recirculating Skimmer" patent.

Well, We KNOW GOD exists, but for US to exist without a GOD is preposterous….Umm wait a minute…. Sounds a bit circular to me…

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. display w/80 gal mud/caulerpa sump. Basement sump w/ LED Grow Light,Gravity fed Reeflo200 skimmer w/ ORCA Recirc, DIY calc reactor & kalk stirrer. Inline plumbed 75 Gal frag/settling tank.
Unread 08/13/2009, 10:30 AM   #7
spstimie
Registered Member

That is why I did not respond to someone asking me what I know. If it only took me 24 hours to figure it out then the information is available.

Current Tank Info: 75 DT, 14 Biocube, 50 frag, 3 plant
spstimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2009, 12:31 PM   #8
stugray
Premium Member

I say good luck with their "Patent Pending":

http://www.extendair.com/productfrm.html

You can get the cartridges or bulk scrubber material even cheaper than they are charging:

http://www.divegearexpress.com/rebre...bsorbent.shtml

Stu