Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/08/2019, 12:42 PM   #1
chicken
Premium Member

Tunze 6155 problem

Hi, I have a pair of 6155s that are mounted in my tank but have been unplugged for a few years due to my triggers thinking they are chew toys. I just got around to cleaning them and trying to put some plastic rods in the blue rubber shock mounts to keep them from falling off. When I pulled the impellers out there was some rust in the back of them and it looks like either the bushing is worn a little or the back plastic on the impeller is broken off. Trying to figure out what I need to do to get these running again including cleaning out the inside of the impeller housing as it seems there is rust down in there also. Its hard to tell if there are any other parts inside of the housing from the diagrams on your website. Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1294.jpg (21.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1295.jpg (30.1 KB, 22 views)
chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2019, 08:38 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The magnet cannot rust, it is ceramic, the most probable would be that some iron is stuck to the magnet, GFO dust is a common source and this can just be cleaned off. From the photo you are missing the rubber part of 3005.740.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2019, 08:58 PM   #3
chicken
Premium Member

roger, thanks for the quick response and the quick shipping on the replacement parts. It looks like the old rubber part is stuck down in the pump and I bought replacements for both pumps. Is there any trick to get the old one removed from the pump housing? Thanks

Unread 06/25/2019, 11:10 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

You need a pick tool, something like this, lowes, home depot, sometimes the dollar store, all have these, basically hook it and pull it out.

https://www.tunze.com/US/en/product-...id%5D=0220.707

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 08/26/2019, 07:06 PM   #5
chicken
Premium Member

Roger, I ordered a replacement drive unit for one of my 6155s and when I was cleaning the pumps today and putting the new bushings in I noticed the drive unit is shorter than the original one. From the tunze parts website I clicked on the 6155 spare parts and the part I ordered is the 6305.701 driver. It is the same length as the old one but the magnet portion of the drive unit is about 25% shorter than the original one. Did I get the wrong part or did you guys update them? If you updated them is the performance the same as the old one? Thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1741-2.jpg (66.9 KB, 8 views)
Unread 08/27/2019, 12:12 PM   #6
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The long magnets are discontinued, they added 1-2Hz speed, a marginal difference, but they were louder, for that reason we stopped using them.