Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/02/2012, 07:45 AM   #1
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Just placed an order

I have heard great things about Blue Zoo, and thought I would give them a try. I just placed an order last night, March 1st, for 2 wrasses, a coral, and some snails for delivery Tuesday. Can't wait. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

cyberpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2012, 05:01 PM   #2
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Update:

Received a phone call from Blue Zoo stating the leopard wrasses were still in quarantine, and they cannot ship until tomorrow the 6th for delivery the 7th. Not a big deal to me, as I would rather have a company like Blue Zoo who cares the fish are quarantined and healthy before shipping rather than just ship them out regardless...especially when dealing with leopards. I actually appreciate their concern for the health of the animals. Will update when I receive them on Wednesday the 7th.

Unread 03/07/2012, 07:43 AM   #3
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Update:

Not too happy so far...

As stated previously someone called me on March 5th from Blue Zoo to explain the wrasses were still in quarantine until the 6th. He then asked if I would be available on the 7th for delivery ort if a different day would be better. I said the 7th was fine and I would be here for delivery. He stated he would note the account.

I logged into my Blue Zoo account about 5 times yesterday, the 6th, to see if there was a tracking number for the shipment... as I had requested off work to ensure I was here for the package. I noticed the delivery date was updated from the 6th to the 7th as the gentleman said he would note the account that I would be here for delivery on the 7th (since the leopard wrasses weren't ready for the 6th's scheduled delivery for my order placed on the 1st even though everything showed in stock at the time). I then notice around 11:30 PM EST that at 7:50 PM EST Blue Zoo had left a message saying the leopards were released, and that I needed to call in to confirm I would be here to receive the shipment or it would not ship?? I had called in the day before to confirm that very fact that I would indeed be here. Why would I need to reconfirm my confirmation from the day before, and why would you wait until amount 8:00 to try to call me if you had top get ahold of me yet again to ship it? That gives very little time for someone to call back. Frustrated.

Last edited by cyberpanther; 03/07/2012 at 08:05 AM.
Unread 03/07/2012, 08:34 AM   #4
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Update:

I emailed them last night, and left a voice mail this morning for them to ask what happened (why I had to reconfirm my confirmation for my paid and previously confirmed ordered to ship), and to explain that I would yet again be here another day for delivery. I know they are not open yet, but I don't want them waiting until 8:00 PM EST again today to call to reconfirm my reconfirmation of my original confirmation. Argh.

Unread 03/07/2012, 12:43 PM   #5
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Update:

Unbelievable so I call in at 12:30 PST to ensure I speak top someone to finally release the order, and the recording says they are open but no reps are available please leave a message. I did not leave a message, but called back at 12:45 PST, again same thing. I then waited until 1:15 PST and finally got ahold of Mark Martin who asked if he could put me on hold (didn't even tell him anything yet). He then proceeds to put me on hold for 9 minutes 30 seconds (I get it they are busy not a big deal).

When Mark gets back on the phone I politely proceed to explain what I had stated before, I had spoke to someone on Monday about the wrasses although showing in stock were in quarantine until Tuesday (I did not have a problem with this and actually posted above how I respected them for this). The guy I originally spoke to asked if I would be available for delivery Wednesday or should he schedule a different date. I said I would take off work to be here Wednesday for the shipment. He said he would note the account and did indeed do so (as the delivery date was even updated online). However, I then got a call Tuesday at 7:50 PM to call back to reconfirm my confirmation that I would be here on Wednesday or it would not ship. Argh. By the time I saw this it was too late.

This is where it goes from bad to worse. Mark then proceeds to get an attitude with me and stated that it is there standard procedure to call the night before shipping, and it works for everyone but obviously not me, as I am the exclusion.! WHAT? I explained I had already confirmed the night before and if I had to reconfirm then why wasn't I told when I spoke to someone previously, or why wasn't it emailed to me or relayed in some way? He then said most people use the cell phone number to make sure they get the call. I then explained its not the phone call to reconfirm the original confirmation, nor was it the delay to quarantine (as I even posted positively about that above), it's that they wait until 7:50 to make that call giving me almost no time to respond. He said very abruptly, well it works for everyone else. He then continues on an uninterrupted tirade for a minute explaining how their procedures that I was never told of should work for me. Mark then proceeded to tell me I'll go ahead and release the order.

I then proceeded to tell him that I had heard such great things about them on reefcentral and that is what led me to try them out. I further explained how I started a rather positive thread about them on reefcentral to let everyone know my first experience with Blue Zoo. I said that how I was being talked down to on the phone was uncalled for, and I don't understand why he couldn't just say sorry for the problems instead of trying to belittle me and say I am the exclusion and it works for everyone else.

So I am updating this thread as I stated I would, and will again await for the order another day. Hopefully somebody at Blue Zoo sees this and has a talk to Mark about this, as of now I am not pleased at all with how this is being handled or how I was treated. I don't know if this is indicative of the company or not, but right now this has been handled terribly.

Unread 03/07/2012, 06:41 PM   #6
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Update:

I received a call from Mike who was very understanding, and very nice. He is one of those guys that just really gets it and cares. Anyway he explained their policies and why they are in place and apologized for the communication issue. I have to say something so small as a sincere phone call can make such a difference. As of right now I am feeling rather good about the transaction again. Thanks Mike.

Unread 03/07/2012, 07:57 PM   #7
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Order shows completed on website but no tracking number in my account or email yet. Hopefully soon.

Unread 03/07/2012, 09:30 PM   #8
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Got it

Unread 03/08/2012, 08:59 PM   #9
cyberpanther
Premium Member

Received order, but Divided Leopard Wrasse was DOA. I received an email stating I would receive another email in about a week with a credit. The regular leopard is doing very well, did not even hide, and has been eating all day long.

Unread 04/02/2012, 10:45 PM   #10
catalano
Registered Member

WOW now that's a bad experience.

catalano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2012, 07:59 PM   #11
gamecockfan803
Registered Member

not really a good first time experience for a new customer to have with a company you'd figure they would try alot harder to please you so that you would continue to shop with them think you'll order from them again?

gamecockfan803 is offline   Reply With Quote