Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/22/2018, 12:25 PM   #26
biecacka
Registered Member

I ran a custom GEO becket for years on my tank and loved it. It was convenient because he has his shop 30 minutes from me so I had no worries and he was readily available to help. I didn't mind the big pump on it because it was a machine. It did take awhile to tune it but it rocked, well he slowed his production of skimmers down and I got an offer on it that I couldn't pass (I also I though I would be able to sweet talk him into building be another one for me )
We he was too busy at the time and shame on me for not checking before I sold it, so I went with a Bubble King and nevertheless looked back. He thing is a beast for sure, not that the becket wasn't, but this has the D.C. Control pump so tuningit was super easy.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/24/2018, 08:12 AM   #27
hart24601
Registered Member

Cost and smaller footprint are why I go with needle wheels. Plus they have always worked just fine for me with little maintenance. I have seen or felt no reason to switch that I felt was compelling and for lifereef in particular the website is dated and confusing to me which doesn't make me feel confident in support or the product. There is the cult of lifereef as I call it, but the reasons above I have never even been tempted.

hart24601 is offline   Reply With Quote