Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/10/2018, 02:19 PM   #3576
sjeff35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalinFL View Post
Really impressive! You should go into business.
Thanks, I'm so slow I'm afraid I'd go broke

sjeff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2018, 01:47 PM   #3577
sjeff35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZReef13 View Post
Sorry missed this, But I haven't seen the need for one on our tanks.. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Idea add something to stand that will allow you to add one?
Well, it ain't pretty, but it works..

I found this plastic part in my garage and hacked it together. It looks so bad I was able to convince my wife that if I had a 3-D printer I could print up something that looked nicer So guess what's coming on Wednesday from Amazon???

I built a Reef-pi system over the last few weeks and implemented this last Saturday. So far it's been working great at keeping my temp nice and even.

Unread 07/16/2018, 03:13 PM   #3578
AZReef13
Registered Member

Looks are in the eye of the beholder... Best answer is that you inhabitants are happy...

Keep making things look bad and you get new stuff.... Smart!!!

AZReef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2018, 09:46 AM   #3579
carmodpg
Registered Member

Upgrade

Anyone thinking of upgrading to the new INTs?

carmodpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2018, 12:04 PM   #3580
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmodpg View Post
Anyone thinking of upgrading to the new INTs?
Not anytime soon for me...

Unread 07/20/2018, 09:35 AM   #3581
sjeff35
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjeff35 View Post
Well, it ain't pretty, but it works..

I found this plastic part in my garage and hacked it together. It looks so bad I was able to convince my wife that if I had a 3-D printer I could print up something that looked nicer So guess what's coming on Wednesday from Amazon???

I built a Reef-pi system over the last few weeks and implemented this last Saturday. So far it's been working great at keeping my temp nice and even.

Got my 3D printer in on Wednesday and after a few test runs was finally able to make a holder for the fan. It just hangs on the rim and you can pivot the fan as needed. Really cool stuff. I'm addicted to 3D printing now!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-07-20 09.08.12 (Medium).jpg (51.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-07-20 09.08.20 (Medium).jpg (47.7 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 2018-07-20 09.08.25 (Medium).jpg (60.1 KB, 63 views)
Unread 07/20/2018, 07:45 PM   #3582
AZReef13
Registered Member

Ok Now will see your business improve, stands and 3D printing... Cant wait to see whats next.

Oh what in tank pump are you using? Thoughts? issues?

Unread 07/21/2018, 07:17 AM   #3583
AZReef13
Registered Member

Is Anyone using a Gyre style pump? Maxspect or Icecap? Which one any conceerns or other info, I was thinking of adding a IM wavelink oppsite my mp10. After thinking about I would like just one pump. I was thing the Icecap 1K. Just trying to get some data to help make a good decision.

Unread 07/22/2018, 05:55 PM   #3584
sjeff35
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok Now will see your business improve, stands and 3D printing... Cant wait to see whats next.

Oh what in tank pump are you using? Thoughts? issues?
LOL!

I have a Sicce 2.0. It wasn't that hard to get it to fit and is dead quiet.

Quote:
Is Anyone using a Gyre style pump? Maxspect or Icecap? Which one any conceerns or other info, I was thinking of adding a IM wavelink oppsite my mp10. After thinking about I would like just one pump. I was thing the Icecap 1K. Just trying to get some data to help make a good decision.
I have the Icecap 1k. LOVE IT! My first Gyre style flow pump, but it's quiet and really moves some water around. I have it ramp up during the day and slow down to 10-20% at night.

Unread 07/22/2018, 07:09 PM   #3585
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjeff35 View Post
LOL!

I have a Sicce 2.0. It wasn't that hard to get it to fit and is dead quiet.

I went with the IM might jet, very cool super quiet, with cool controls..

I have the Icecap 1k. LOVE IT! My first Gyre style flow pump, but it's quiet and really moves some water around. I have it ramp up during the day and slow down to 10-20% at night.
Thanks for the feedback on this one.. Like the fact Icecap is a good pump since its alot Cheaper

Unread 08/14/2018, 04:37 PM   #3586
AZReef13
Registered Member

So today I descided to put the new Purity into my media basket. I spoke with Paul at IM the say to replace every month, some tanks may require quick rince of fiber balls. Also if planning to buy, get the full size package better bang for buck.

Unread 08/15/2018, 04:41 PM   #3587
AZReef13
Registered Member

More new stuff coming from IM, Reactors and Skimmer. Check out link woll take you to a blog on MD,

https://blog.marinedepot.com/2018/08...voskim-dc.html

Unread 08/24/2018, 08:02 AM   #3588
ssebz9
Registered Member

Hi! I am using the IM light and have been running it for about a month- so far so good

ssebz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2018, 08:04 AM   #3589
ssebz9
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm using the icecap and like it :-)

Unread 08/24/2018, 08:39 AM   #3590
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssebz9 View Post
Thanks for feed back.

Unread 08/24/2018, 08:41 AM   #3591
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi! I am using the IM light and have been running it for about a month- so far so good
Mine is going on a year, like it too. There are now some downloadable setting under AI/Signatures...

Unread 08/24/2018, 09:38 AM   #3592
SalinFL
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm using the maxspect gyre in my IM80gal. I was very unsure at first since I had been using the mp-10 in my 40gal and loved it, but didn't like the price for what was needed in the 80.

Saw the gyre in action at my lfs and was able to compare both pumps while there and decided that the gyre was the way to go. I've heard comments from people saying that the gyre are noisy, but no issues here. Both my tanks are in the major living area of the house. The most noise I get is from the IM ato. Which I'll be looking for a different brand for the 80gal.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SalinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2018, 09:59 AM   #3593
speedstar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwaybill View Post
Before and after feeding the acan. Other shot you can see all the baby serpent stars legs sticking out grabbing for food. They have really taken off as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
an you tell me how many pounds of LR your using. Love the aquascape.

speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2018, 10:03 AM   #3594
speedstar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin21 View Post
I love the extra length of the 50. Don’t get me wrong, the 40s look great as well and I love following this thread. I am caught between the 50 and 40. Haven’t heard of anyone with the 50 yet. Would love some feedback on it, if anyone out there has one!
The nearly $400 price difference is why I went with the 40. Would have loved the 50 but couldn;t justify it.

speedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2018, 01:39 PM   #3595
kevin21
Registered Member

The price difference really is shocking, especially now that the newer ext models have come out. I contacted IM and they said there are no plans as of now to lower the prices of the older fusion lagoons. I am going to hold out on my purpose until around black friday. Maybe I can save $100 or so?

Current Tank Info: Waterbox 50g, Tunze 9004 dc skimmer, Vortech mp10, Kessil ap700
kevin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2018, 06:00 PM   #3596
AZReef13
Registered Member

Got my new reactor installed to day, very nice fitting rubber cap, no more o rings. A new flow control. Marine Depot has a nice into special going on right now.

Purity products are very eazy to use as well.

Unread 09/08/2018, 10:05 AM   #3597
ssebz9
Registered Member

Help with protein skimmer

Hi all!

I am having some issues with my IM ghost skimmer. I run Nopox and have the IM ghost skimmer. I've had the skimmer for several months now (well past the break in period) and I still have microbubbles. I had a long chat with IM yesterday and they told me that the bubbles are there because of the nopox. Has anyone had this issue?

He suggested ditching the nopox but I'm not sure I want to do that. I tried turning the skimmer so the intake is on the opposite side. Anything else I can try?

Thanks everyone!

Unread 10/29/2018, 04:27 PM   #3598
Ojaijames
Registered Member

Quote:
OajiJames; Make sure that cabinet is well ventilated so chiller dosen't over work. Mesh screen in front work?

Where did you place chiller pump? how did you dial in flow rate?

Really late reply. I did not worry about flow rate front cover is solid. Plenty of airflow through back and bottom. Worked good all summer and broke it down to hard plumb this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: INNOVATIVE MARINE 40 AND 20
Ojaijames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/29/2018, 08:14 PM   #3599
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi all!

I am having some issues with my IM ghost skimmer. I run Nopox and have the IM ghost skimmer. I've had the skimmer for several months now (well past the break in period) and I still have microbubbles. I had a long chat with IM yesterday and they told me that the bubbles are there because of the nopox. Has anyone had this issue?

He suggested ditching the nopox but I'm not sure I want to do that. I tried turning the skimmer so the intake is on the opposite side. Anything else I can try?

Thanks everyone!
I run nopox, I had issues in past with micro as well. I tried a while back adding a filter floss between skimmer chammber and return section. Also check water level that there is some drop. But If you have spoken with Paul he is very stright forward. I've spoken with him in the past and he has never guided me wrong.

Did he say why not to use nopox?

Unread 10/30/2018, 08:12 AM   #3600
AZReef13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojaijames View Post
Really late reply. I did not worry about flow rate front cover is solid. Plenty of airflow through back and bottom. Worked good all summer and broke it down to hard plumb this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know that the chiller will work in stand if I ever head that way. Since I live in Phoenix area, it does get warm here during summer...