Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/04/2014, 08:56 PM   #126
hedgedrew
Registered Member

Thx guys. I love my wrought irons also. I dint even know they kept this thread alive after june.

hedgedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2014, 06:33 AM   #127
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgedrew View Post
Thx guys. I love my wrought irons also. I dint even know they kept this thread alive after june.
All of our past TOTM threads are still open. You can go back and visit any of them, any time you like. Someone might post on this thread after it's been inactive for years

Dunder Mifflin

Current Tank Info: Unknown slow drip, over 20 years damaged my house and heating system. No more tank.
DgenR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/13/2014, 07:42 AM   #128
salty joe
Registered Member

I've never seen a such a hardcore, amazing system. Ever. At first I thought you were kidding about building a more huger, more better system. WOW! I'm blown away. I wish I lived closer to you, I'd try to talk you into letting me see it in person.

How long have you had the goldflake angel? How big was it when you got it and has it grown? Does it seem to need any special foods or conditions? It's taking me forever, but I'm on the tail end of a 600+ gal build ( I thought I was being hardcore.. ) and a pair of GF angels is what I'd like to be the main attraction, as far as fish.

Any details and insights at all about that lovely creature would be appreciated.

Unread 07/20/2014, 03:20 AM   #129
Tanu
Registered Member

I have seen many tanks, but this collection is not only very diverse but also very healthy, making it even more impressive. Very well done! I hope I can see your new reef when I'm in NY next time, will take some years so no need to hurry

Current Tank Info: 170 G reef, many colored sps, inhabited by beautiful fish
Tanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2014, 08:30 PM   #130
koranangel32
Registered Member

just amazing would love a tank like that

koranangel32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2014, 08:59 AM   #131
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

Hello hedgedrew

sorry been away from the thread for a little while, I just picked up a new led fixture and have been reading a lot about PAR & spectrum. I would like to know what are your PAR reading when all your lights are on full?
From the water line, mid way and on the sand bed The reason I am asking you is because your sps have some of the best coloration I have ever seen Simply amazing. Also have you ever done plots of your lighting as i would also love to see them.
again thank you for the inspiration as your ecosystem is outstanding!!!
Michael

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........®

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
trueblackpercula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2014, 05:05 PM   #132
ssc
Registered Member

Congratulations the tank is amazing

ssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2014, 07:13 PM   #133
hedgedrew
Registered Member

Just found this one again. Didn't know people still writing. Ok. So salty joe. The goldflake is one of the slower growing angels in tank. I have no idea why. I had one in my 180 also but he decided to take a running leap out and found him on floor like a wrasse. No special care. He bothers nobody.
Tanu. Thankyou. Much appreciated.
Thankyou ssc. Trueblack how bout if I bought a light meter and never used it.!!!! I'm using radiums 400w and 250 watts mixed with Hamilton 10k 250 watts in same reflector. Tons of t 5s and Kessel 360 leds also. Many vho actinic also. I'm big fan of the blue white mix at least for few hours. I love hamiltom true 10k bulbs. They are not as strong and yellow as ushio. Spectrum plots are simple look at radium bulb and then look at a 10k bulb and you'll see they mix great. Where radium is weak ie violets 10ks are strong and in 550 range 10k has nice pop but doesn't have blue spike of radium at 450.

Unread 08/20/2014, 07:33 PM   #134
trueblackpercula
Registered Member

wow Now thats lighting thank you for the reply

LIVE SAND ITS THE CURE........®

Current Tank Info: 120 CUBE Live sand Mitras lx6100hv MRC MR 2 single becket MP40 power head Aquamedic dosing pump using B-ionic
trueblackpercula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/20/2014, 07:42 PM   #135
hedgedrew
Registered Member

The biggest difference now I see is the result of feeding my polyps during day and night. Reefroids. Reef chilli my own made pappete in a shake and I dump it in make a big cloudy mess. The end result is less stn and bleaching and corals use photosynthesis as well as zoo plankton and organics. Polyps much better and very little stn loss now. Its made bigg difference. I think there is a food to light to flow ratio that people don't understand. Now I mist admit I'm changing 2x as much water now since I have industrial ro machine. I can make 400 gallons in 3 hours. And I added ozone to keep orp up as all the coral food can lower it and shut down the skimmer head. I would say of the 1600 gallons I'm changing 40 gallons per day plus our normal 150 to 200 gallon weekly change. So maybe like 500 gallons per week. But slowly.

Unread 08/26/2014, 07:27 PM   #136
wrasse warlord
Registered Member

You are my insperation! May I suggest a few wrasses.

wrasse warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/27/2014, 07:47 PM   #137
marinerules
Registered Member

wow

really enjoyed looking at the pictures, wallpaper worthy if the images were a little bit higher resolution

ONE MAJOR question , is your tank on youtube or somewhere , to where we can watch your fish lol

under $1000, any suggestions , email me

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon damsels tank , 300 gallon predator fowlr tank
marinerules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2014, 01:09 AM   #138
TopOff
Moved On

Congrats...beautiful tank!

TopOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2014, 05:03 PM   #139
pygoplites77
Registered Member

Hello hedgedrew,i write from Italy,sorry for my english...Congratulation for your beautifull reefs...I have one question: i like chaetodont semilarvatus but i know very dangerus for sps, how is it possible compatibility?I have sps system and would insert butterflay fish, Are there some tricks to achieve this?
thanks so much

pygoplites77 is offline   Reply With Quote