Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona-Sierra Vista/Tucson Reef Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/29/2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Triple One
Registered Member

Looking For Shrimp Goby

Hello Fellow Zonans!

I am pretty sure that somehow or another, I lost my blue-spotted watchman goby, most likely to a tunnel collapse but I really don't know...

Either way, I have a lonely Alpheus bellulus wishing for a service animal, and I figure rather than buy something online and pay too much for shipping or settle for something tiny and yellow from the LFS I'll put some feelers out and see if maybe somebody out there has a shrimp-less goby that would be happier with a little arthropoda in its life.

I'll trade a few frags or my Kole tang something, if that works... I've got a nice purple monti cap that grows six feet a year, and a good sized black haliclona colony I could snip a piece off of... lots of random colors of zoanthids and a few shrooms too, could easily put a shell next to some and let them grow onto it if you're into softies... a few cool acroporas... I dunno. If you really want cash maybe we can work it out...

...and I'm not against yellow gobies... if it's big enough to not be easily punched out by the shrimp, I'm open to consideration.

Current Tank Info: Hello My Name Is Wild Widescreen Wonderland: 125G mixed reef w/ 45G fuge and 40G DIY sump. Coddling is Ill-Advised.
Triple One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2012, 12:56 PM   #2
brettinteriors
Registered Member

That is insane Monti growth. 6 feet!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

140 gallon half round mixed reef, 28 gallon Cardiff.
brettinteriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/04/2012, 05:33 AM   #3
danfeig
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple One View Post
Hello Fellow Zonans!

I am pretty sure that somehow or another, I lost my blue-spotted watchman goby, most likely to a tunnel collapse but I really don't know...

Either way, I have a lonely Alpheus bellulus wishing for a service animal, and I figure rather than buy something online and pay too much for shipping or settle for something tiny and yellow from the LFS I'll put some feelers out and see if maybe somebody out there has a shrimp-less goby that would be happier with a little arthropoda in its life.

I'll trade a few frags or my Kole tang something, if that works... I've got a nice purple monti cap that grows six feet a year, and a good sized black haliclona colony I could snip a piece off of... lots of random colors of zoanthids and a few shrooms too, could easily put a shell next to some and let them grow onto it if you're into softies... a few cool acroporas... I dunno. If you really wNant cash maybe we can work it out...

...and I'm not against yellow gobies... if it's big enough to not be easily punched out by the shrimp, I'm open to consideration.
I have been looking for a colony or large piece of Purple Monti... Are you willing to sell a large frag or smaller colony? Can you post a pic of the colony?

Unread 07/07/2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Triple One
Registered Member

Wink Seven, With One Blow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettinteriors View Post
That is insane Monti growth. 6 feet!
well, that might have been a slight exaggeration... although, in a real reef somewhere, who knows; i'm sure it would grow much faster than it does in my tank...

i can say honestly that it has grown from 1" to easily over 8" in diameter in six months, and it seems exponential, seeing as about half of that growth happened in the last six weeks (strangely in-line with the setting-up of my RKL and starting to dose Alk/Calc daily... hmmm...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfeig View Post
I have been looking for a colony or large piece of Purple Monti... Are you willing to sell a large frag or smaller colony? Can you post a pic of the colony?

either way, here's a shot of the colony that i took last night. the burn on the bottom edge of the Monti is from the Lobo in the top right corner of the image, where i moved it so it couldn't do anymore damage! the burn happened in one night (after months without issue: the Monti cap is on a growing spree lately and it finally got close enough), but as of this photo it has been healing for maybe a week, and you can see the new growth (bright bluish-white) has already covered some 20-25% of the burn area. i hope it triggers the start of a new pad!

purple capricornis

closer up...

purple capricornis XCU

i have T5 lighting, so you can see the purple is a little reddish and the growing edge looks basically white. i fragged this very same colony about three months ago (bet you can't see where!) and in one of my friends' tanks (she runs MH with blue LEDs), it is superdeep purple and the growing edge is electric blue. her piece is growing much faster than mine too: it's already more than half the size. i'll PM her and see if she will post a pic on RC also... OMG LOL ****

as far as selling some goes, i am more interested in a shrimp goby but the lady would probably not mind me making some money off the tank either... what do you think dan? how much is a colony of this worth to ya? i could chip maybe a 3-4" chunk (by about an inch wide) off the edge without too much trouble, and even if the piece breaks, the small frags will fuse together in less than a week after being superglued next to each other. you could get some nice three-dimensional growth going on early with the right rock... if your lighting is bright and your water chemistry is nice, a piece that size should be pretty impressive in almost no time!

thanx too, all who have been interested! still looking for a lonesome goby!

more pics of stuff i'm willing to frag coming soon...

PLAH!
Alex

Current Tank Info: Hello My Name Is Wild Widescreen Wonderland: 125G mixed reef w/ 45G fuge and 40G DIY sump. Coddling is Ill-Advised.
Unread 07/19/2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Sammibaz
Registered Member

Wow, you purple piece sounds gorgeous!!! Next time I'm in Tucson I just may PM to see if you'd be interested in selling a piece

Sammibaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/14/2012, 12:53 PM   #6
Triple One
Registered Member

did i say "goby?" how silly... i meant TANG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammibaz View Post
Wow, you purple piece sounds gorgeous!!! Next time I'm in Tucson I just may PM to see if you'd be interested in selling a piece
please do! i will post more pics tonight in this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2206637

it has grown a LOT since these pics... it is at least 1.5" past the old Lobo burn and has a lot of really interesting new growth at the top.

by the way, if anyone IS still looking at this thread, i lost my pistol shrimp in the forced-overhaul that happened in my tank, so i am not looking for a shrimp goby anymore. i AM looking for a Vlamingi tang though...

Unread 09/14/2012, 10:50 PM   #7
brettinteriors
Registered Member

Huge shipments at sea if you are still looking

Sent from my alien robot via triplanorum

140 gallon half round mixed reef, 28 gallon Cardiff.
brettinteriors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frag swap, trade, unicorn tang, vlamingi tang