Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/06/2014, 04:24 AM   #1
ajespo85
Espo

Lighting for a 7.5 gal Zoa tank, what would you use?

Ok, made up my mind what I want in this tank, Zoanthids, and lots of them. So my question is, from everyones experience, what do, or would you use for this tank? 12x12x12 tank. I'm going to want the colors to POP out at you, so what would get that done? I'm looking at Kessils, and Reefbreeders, but I need something I use with a gooseneck. I can't mount the light to the ceiling or wall because of where it's going. Also, no stand I can mount a bracket to. It'll be sitting on my end table as a nice conversation piece, and something nice to look at after work. I've seen nice tanks done up with PAR38s as well. So many choices. I like the Kessils, and my friend wants to get Reefbreeders, but without an easy to mount them, I can't do the breeders. What do you guys/gals use? I know the answers are going to be all over the place haha, and I have searched on here at nano zoa tanks, and there are many options for me. I trust your opinions, I just want to see if there's one in particular that people lean towards. Thanks mates!

ajespo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2014, 04:39 AM   #2
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

I used a AI nano over my 7.5g tank. Great light

Unread 06/06/2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Donkeykong
Registered Member

I would probably go with the Kessil. Maxspect just released the Celestial C35F seems to have a fuller spectrum, but it is unproven as of yet and honestly doesn't look as nice.

Donkeykong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2014, 11:47 AM   #4
cloak
Moved On

In a tank that size, I think one of the par38 bulbs with the gooseneck would be a good fit. Not to expensive either.

cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2014, 03:17 PM   #5
sean-820
Registered Member

Id agree with the par 38. Great option that doesnt cost too much

sean-820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2014, 10:11 PM   #6
ajespo85
Espo

I was looking a few 38s, seems like a good choice. Price isn't a big deal, so being a cheaper option isn't a concern.

ajespo85 is offline   Reply With Quote