Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2010, 12:18 PM   #26
dahenley
Registered Member

when you siphon your sand or any water, you suck on the water untill it has a downward motion. then it continues untill the container your filling is as high or higher then what you started with. (if your container is on the floor, then it will continue untill you have a mess on the floor and the tank is empty.

this is the concept.
your skimmate fills up the cup tillits past the fitting, then it starts going down the drain tube. (because he put a tub inside the fitting that goes to the bottom of the cup)
now that it has a siphon doing down the drain tube, it wont stop untill the cup is empty (as long as the container is below the cup)
it acts like your toilet. when you flush, it emptys the tank and starts all over again.

if he posts a picture, it will just be a tube connected to the inside of the fitting in the cup and just droops down to the bottom of the cup.

240display, reef in progress

Current Tank Info: 240 display, a few frags here and there. lots of fish, and lots of watching. (230 big screen getting re-sealed and going to add to the gallonage) My wife has no clue how addicted i really am.....
dahenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2011, 08:29 PM   #27
madmike
Registered Member

I am having the same problem with original poster, ever since I started carbon dosing I have skimmate bubbling out of the holes in the top. I am curious where on the lid did the original poster place the silicone grease?

Thanks

madmike is offline   Reply With Quote