Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/29/2016, 04:19 PM   #1
Misled
RC Mod

"Wet" picture thread

OK, it's Friday evening and you have till Sunday evening to post your pic. One per username only please, and only in this thread.If you post more than one, all will be removed and you'll be out for that week. On Sunday evening I'll pick a winner and that person will pick the next subject. Please refrain from posting comments till the winner chosen. After that, it's fine to discuss how you got there.

Unread 04/29/2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Misled
RC Mod

My pic.

Unread 04/30/2016, 08:08 AM   #3
Reef Bass
colors and textures

Former president and co-president of the Wine Country Reefers.

Current Tank Info: 60 gallons of Scleractinia and Zoanthidae lit w/ LEDs
Reef Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2016, 02:46 AM   #4
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

Current Tank Info: Cadlights 60G Arisan II mixed reef with 2x MP40s and 24" ATI
cody6766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2016, 08:32 AM   #5
JamesHolt
Registered Member

Mine (crosses fingers)

Current Tank Info: 29g with 2 Engineer gobies
JamesHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2016, 09:06 AM   #6
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

Current Tank Info: 40b 750 gph 45 lbs lr, 2"-3" sand, 165w full spectrum dimable LED, 20 gal sump/refugium 30 lbs lr, Bak Pak 2 skimmer, 4" sock temp 79-80, sg 1.026, NH3 0, NO2 0, NO3 <10, ph 8.2, calc 400, mag 1300
Dkuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2016, 11:58 AM   #7
Dkuhlmann
Registered Member

Not sure what happened to my picture. I'll try again.

Murphy in lake.jpg

Current Tank Info: 40b 750 gph 45 lbs lr, 2"-3" sand, 165w full spectrum dimable LED, 20 gal sump/refugium 30 lbs lr, Bak Pak 2 skimmer, 4" sock temp 79-80, sg 1.026, NH3 0, NO2 0, NO3 <10, ph 8.2, calc 400, mag 1300
Dkuhlmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2016, 07:06 PM   #8
Misled
RC Mod

Ok, first, nice shots everybody. The winner this week is Reef Bass, (Ken). I'm taking for granted a plant? What type. What really drew me to it was the sky's reflection in the water. Very nice. Pick next weeks subject please.
James, what type of birds?
Cody, what kind of bird is that. My past birds would never allow that.

Any questions may be asked now.

Unread 05/01/2016, 07:24 PM   #9
JamesHolt
Registered Member

I think they are Cormorants, they will pop in the water , travel 40-100 ft submerged and pop back out like penguins..
I had a much better shot lined up, a group of about 12 perched on sticks poking out of the water, they were about 40ft away, and a semi blew that dam air horn and spooked them off..
This was taken on the on hwy85 on the bridge over Falls Lake, not a fun perch for me..
Any critique would be welcome...

Cody is that a Cockatiel ??

Current Tank Info: 29g with 2 Engineer gobies
JamesHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 12:36 AM   #10
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

Nope, that's one of our two Indian Ringneck Parakeets. They're about cockatiel size, just a little larger. Their natural color is green, but captive breeding has allowed for the powder blue ones we have. They're very fun little birds. We also have an African Grey, but she isn't big on baths The Ringnecks beg and jump in the way of dishes to get one. They go after it like it's food and they've been starved for a week.

Unread 05/02/2016, 08:06 AM   #11
Reef Bass
colors and textures

Thank you Jesse.

It's a macro of a portion of a head of romanesco cauliflower. I have always thought it would make for an interesting subject, and then I came across some at a farmers market, so I picked one up.

I feel the water added visual interest. I like how it slinks between the protuberances and clings with a couple plump gravity defying drops. Thanks for noticing the reflections. I focused on those while taking the shot. I had set up outside during the last hour or so of light, so light was softer and diffuse. Head of romanesco on an upended box on a bench. Tripod. Shot remotely / tethered. Live view. Manual. 100mm macro lens. F13 for greater DOF. ISO 100. 2 second exposure.

And when I was all done shooting, I ate it.

Topic for this week: friendship

Former president and co-president of the Wine Country Reefers.

Current Tank Info: 60 gallons of Scleractinia and Zoanthidae lit w/ LEDs

Last edited by Reef Bass; 05/02/2016 at 08:21 AM.
Reef Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 08:18 AM   #12
110GTJ
Registered Member

These make me want to get back into photography again!

Unread 05/02/2016, 09:42 AM   #13
Greybeard
Registered Member

Oops. Didn't catch that it was over.

Cody: That a red loried amazon? I've got one looks a lot like that... she's been with me for over 30 years now.

Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 08:50 PM   #14
cody6766
Super Best Friends!

Quote:
Cody: That a red loried amazon? I've got one looks a lot like that... she's been with me for over 30 years now.
Nope, Indian Ringneck Parakeet. Ours are about 7 years old, but should be around for another 20.

Unread 05/03/2016, 11:37 AM   #15
rickztahone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef Bass View Post
Thank you Jesse.

It's a macro of a portion of a head of romanesco cauliflower. I have always thought it would make for an interesting subject, and then I came across some at a farmers market, so I picked one up.

I feel the water added visual interest. I like how it slinks between the protuberances and clings with a couple plump gravity defying drops. Thanks for noticing the reflections. I focused on those while taking the shot. I had set up outside during the last hour or so of light, so light was softer and diffuse. Head of romanesco on an upended box on a bench. Tripod. Shot remotely / tethered. Live view. Manual. 100mm macro lens. F13 for greater DOF. ISO 100. 2 second exposure.

And when I was all done shooting, I ate it.

Topic for this week: friendship
Cool topic. I may have something for friendship this week if I don't forget like this last time around.

22g RBTA tank build:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578399

Current Tank Info: 22g Peninsula tank RBTA / Euphyllia / Clownfish
rickztahone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2016, 04:55 PM   #16
Misled
RC Mod

"Friendship" Picture Thread