Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/03/2016, 06:11 PM   #1
BrandonMc2011
Registered Member

Dropped my Nutrients, Now What?

So after a little over a month of dosing with ProBioS, ProBioF, -NP Pro, Zeomix, Carbon, and Phosphate Minus, I have dropped the nutrients in my established SPS tank to just under 1ppm of Nitrate and 0.006ppm of Phosphate. My question is, what is the next step? How do I go about bringing out the natural colors of the corals?

BrandonMc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2016, 10:10 AM   #2
ayionna06
Registered Member

Why were you using ProBio F and the -NP pro? From what I understand and most likely I'm wrong the ProBio F is for small tanks. The phosohate minus is only to be used until you get the phosphate down correct?
Never understood what the zeo mix was for

ayionna06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2016, 08:24 PM   #3
BrandonMc2011
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayionna06 View Post
Why were you using ProBio F and the -NP pro? From what I understand and most likely I'm wrong the ProBio F is for small tanks. The phosohate minus is only to be used until you get the phosphate down correct?
Never understood what the zeo mix was for
I believe they are different types of carbon source for the bacteria growth, one powder and one liquid. ProBioF is good for smaller tanks because it can be used well without much surface area for the bacteria to colonize. Phosphate minus is just like any other GFO and it absorbs phosphates until it's completely used up. You can just refresh it every month of so just to keep the phosphates low. Zeomix is a specialty zeolite which is a naturally occurring porous stone that has a high affinity for ammonia and ammonium. Zeomix absorbs the ammonia and ammonium preventing them from Turing into nitrates. Secondarily they serve as a media for bacterial growth which pairs very well with the ProBioS. That's my take on it based on all of my research. It's been difficult because there is not a ton of information about it here in the US.

BrandonMc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/06/2016, 09:07 PM   #4
ayionna06
Registered Member

Curious to know how you run your zeolites. Do you run them in a reactor? If so how much flow? Do they need to be replaced like bio pellets? I apologize for all the questions. I am just trying to absorb and get as much info as I can. There's only a handful of places that sell aquaforest products. None by me so I have to order online and there always on back order

ayionna06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2016, 09:33 AM   #5
elviraveloz
Registered Member

We all new using AF, so I just start by saying this is a trial and error experience. I'm running Zeolites in a regular GFO reactor with a Sicce Syncra 0.5 pump. I place the stones at the bottom and GFO on top, I run carbon on separate reactor because that's what I always being doing. So far running ok for 5 weeks.

elviraveloz is offline   Reply With Quote