Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/16/2018, 11:33 AM   #1
cflow
Registered Member

Microboring green algae

When I started the AF program I brought my nutrients very low and probably too quickly. It is quite effective. I started losing frags from the inside out. Some went dormant for months. Some started looking fuzzy with their skin still on and eventually died. Once I basically stopped dosing anything and removed my gfo my PO4 and NO3 came up a little and my corals started to grow again. At least the ones that were still relatively healthy. This caused an alk swing that I didn't catch until it was too late. The corals that I thought were dormant lost their skin over night. The skeletons were not stark white like a healthy coral that suffered rtn. The entire bony skeleton was green. Even on the inside. After some research I found that this may be green microboring algae and from what I've found is its treatment is similar to cyanobacteria. If this is correct, my question now is can I use Chemiclean with AF. I hardly dose bacteria or carbon source anymore. It is too powerful for my tank. My current NO3 is 5 and PO4 0.02. Corals are growing and look healthy.

cflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2018, 06:50 PM   #2
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Yes you can use chemi clean if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote