Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/18/2017, 10:57 AM   #3676
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharoo View Post
Has anyone experienced their lamp not loading? I have the 60" 4 led clusters. When I go to light studio to change setting the USB is connected but won't connect to lamp. I get an error message saying "error while reading from device". I've had this light for years with no problems until now. Today I downloaded the newer version of light studio hoping it would help but it didn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Zach are you confident the cable being used is the exact cable that came with your fixture? These cables are incredibly specific, if you borrowed one, purchased a replacement cord, made one etc that is certainly your problem.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2017, 10:13 AM   #3677
cchomistek
Registered Member

Other than the wifi controller compenent does anyone know what the new features on the powermodule hybrid are that just got launched in the US.

Thanks

cchomistek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2017, 10:25 AM   #3678
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchomistek View Post
Other than the wifi controller compenent does anyone know what the new features on the powermodule hybrid are that just got launched in the US.

Thanks
Updated LED clusters as well. They will also be bringing the 6 bulb version in the near future. This is a size that I think many would enjoy

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2017, 02:57 PM   #3680
cchomistek
Registered Member

Thanks sahin

Unit looks great. Can't wait for mine to show up. Pretty stoked.

cchomistek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2017, 03:08 PM   #3681
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Sahin!!! Good to see you back around

That white is gorgeous. Are the "purple" LEDs really violet? I know that's nitpicky but violet and purple are two different colors. Glad the red LEDs are gone as well. I never liked them on mine when I ran it.

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 12:57 AM   #3682
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
Sahin!!! Good to see you back around

That white is gorgeous. Are the "purple" LEDs really violet? I know that's nitpicky but violet and purple are two different colors. Glad the red LEDs are gone as well. I never liked them on mine when I ran it.
Hi buddy. I took the descriptions off ATI's FB page. The peak wavelengths are 430nm and 410nm along with 500nm which they call cyan.

So far I'm really liking this fixture. With regards tonthr Red LED I always felt it was a waste and only used 10% of it or less. IMO the T5 peaks more than makeup the red end of the spectrum.

With the new LED clusters the overall look is a nice ice white light with a hint of blue.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 12:59 AM   #3683
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchomistek View Post
Thanks sahin

Unit looks great. Can't wait for mine to show up. Pretty stoked.
Which fixture did you order?

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 03:29 AM   #3684
Superpuma
Registered Member

Hi Sahin. That's a nice looking fixture ��.
I've tried a hybrid ( Pacific Sun ) but l'm far happier with all LED, l feel LED gives the tank that " alive " appearance, l think even with a hybrid the tank has a " flat " appearance, but it's each to their own.
I've been using the ATI Sirius a few years now, really happy with it. Do you know if they're upgrading the Sirius?
Mike

Superpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 03:59 AM   #3685
alessandro
Registered Member

A what distance from the waterline you hold your Hybrid?

alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/26/2017, 07:49 AM   #3686
davyboy1970
Registered Member

I have just ordered the new Leds for my hybrid 8x80 unit and cant wait to get them fitted. i have noticed there is a white paste on the rear of the old leds. Has anyone ordered just the leds and does it come with the white paste on the back? If not can i use normal computer thermal paste.
thanks David

davyboy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 12:19 AM   #3687
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

I have had mine a month and got the old version ....Gutted.

The worst thing is ti resets the clock when the power goes out!!!

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 02:48 AM   #3688
mike810
Registered Member

What are the advantages of changing out the led clusters as I have 6 of them to change if I went that route. Where can you order them? Also, can we simply change out the old controller for the new wifi enable control to use with the old hybrids?

Last edited by mike810; 09/27/2017 at 02:53 AM.
mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 05:00 AM   #3689
Dennis Gubbels
Registered Member

Got new 8x39watt and 8x54watt hybrids http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59cb84e7...916_192108.mp4

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Dennis Gubbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 05:04 AM   #3690
Dennis Gubbels
Registered Member

220x80x70

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk

Dennis Gubbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2017, 10:23 AM   #3691
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtravels View Post
I have had mine a month and got the old version ....Gutted.

The worst thing is ti resets the clock when the power goes out!!!
You likely need a firmware update for your clock.

Unread 09/27/2017, 10:28 AM   #3692
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
What are the advantages of changing out the led clusters as I have 6 of them to change if I went that route. Where can you order them? Also, can we simply change out the old controller for the new wifi enable control to use with the old hybrids?
You would need to get them from ATI North America. They are not currently available but could be ordered for you if you wish to make the change.

If your specifications sticker says "1.6 FB" (example: 100-280V 50/60Hz 720VA 1.6 FB) on your fixture, you can buy a new control box/power supply to upgrade to wifi.

Unread 09/27/2017, 11:50 PM   #3693
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
You would need to get them from ATI North America. They are not currently available but could be ordered for you if you wish to make the change.

If your specifications sticker says "1.6 FB" (example: 100-280V 50/60Hz 720VA 1.6 FB) on your fixture, you can buy a new control box/power supply to upgrade to wifi.
Keith,

My control box does have that sticker on there. Could you PM me the price for control box and led clusters? I would need two boxes and 6 led clusters. I assume the new control boxes hold time after power outages correct? Are the new wifi boxes only so you could load light schedules via wifi instead of the USB plug and a lap top or could you actually also control the lights via a phone? Like when I want to do maintenance, can I now dim the lights from my phone so it's not so hot while under the lights? How do you accomplish this when you have two fixtures?

Mike

Last edited by mike810; 09/28/2017 at 01:46 PM.
Unread 09/28/2017, 02:04 AM   #3694
adtravels
you cant buy blue fingers

Quote:
You likely need a firmware update for your clock.
My unit is from Germany and the support is pretty non existent. I wonder if it can be the firmware as the unit is brand new. Do you have an English speaking contact for ATI in germany?

False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon 36x24x24 reef
adtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2017, 05:23 PM   #3695
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtravels View Post
My unit is from Germany and the support is pretty non existent. I wonder if it can be the firmware as the unit is brand new. Do you have an English speaking contact for ATI in germany?
Why did you buy it from Germany?

Please email customercare@atinorthamerica.com. Please include a photo of your specifications sheet on fixture.

If it is Wifi, I can promise it is a firmware problem. This is exactly why it wasn't launched earlier in North America, we were waiting for these things to be resolved.

Unread 09/29/2017, 02:01 AM   #3696
alessandro
Registered Member

Quote:
Why did you buy it from Germany?

Please email customercare@atinorthamerica.com. Please include a photo of your specifications sheet on fixture.

If it is Wifi, I can promise it is a firmware problem. This is exactly why it wasn't launched earlier in North America, we were waiting for these things to be resolved.
I have bought the new version 3 week ago here in europe (not wifi version)
So I suppose I have the new firmware.
But 1 week ago, after a blackout, I lost the time settings.
Do you think in the near future will be release a new firmware to fix the bug?

alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2017, 10:26 AM   #3697
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
I have bought the new version 3 week ago here in europe (not wifi version)
So I suppose I have the new firmware.
But 1 week ago, after a blackout, I lost the time settings.
Do you think in the near future will be release a new firmware to fix the bug?
Review the menu and determine which firmware version you have. It will say something like FW 1,06

Unread 09/29/2017, 01:15 PM   #3698
mike810
Registered Member

Keith,

Please scroll up a few post and if you could please answer my post, that would be greatly appreciated.

Unread 09/29/2017, 01:41 PM   #3699
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Keith,

My control box does have that sticker on there. Could you PM me the price for control box and led clusters? I would need two boxes and 6 led clusters. I assume the new control boxes hold time after power outages correct? Are the new wifi boxes only so you could load light schedules via wifi instead of the USB plug and a lap top or could you actually also control the lights via a phone? Like when I want to do maintenance, can I now dim the lights from my phone so it's not so hot while under the lights? How do you accomplish this when you have two fixtures?

Mike
You could do this with a little bit of a work around. Basically you would save your existing program, then reprogram the light how you wanted to to be when doing maintenance (like maybe Just LEDs at 30% or something). You would then save this program as "Maintenance". Then you would simply Load and save the appropriate schedule to your light which would take about 30 seconds. Perhaps not like you are expecting to control it, but it would be very easy.

Unread 09/29/2017, 01:42 PM   #3700
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Keith,

Please scroll up a few post and if you could please answer my post, that would be greatly appreciated.
Mike I am requesting the information from the actual menu screen, not the specifications panel. Hit the center button to go to the menu, scroll up until you get to firmware. Select it and share what version it is. It will tell you HW (hardware) and FW(firmware). If you have anything other than 1,06 it can be fixed.