Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/08/2019, 02:48 PM   #1
JS_racer
Registered Member

Rbta Anemone box ideas??

Looking for ideas for temporary housing of captured splits and other rbta. I have a nice acclimatization box, but the slits are a bit too wide, the tentacles are able to poke through, then they try to smoosh the rest along and get a bit stuck. So thats not good. I am using a small hatchery, like a pets island one, but its sorta small. It works great because the slits are small and they cant get through. I have probably 15 or so bigger rbta in my 120, so when one climbs an overflow or some other easy removal position, i need something to house them in.
My nicer box is a acrylic, slide top, i would say typical nice quality box, sized like 8 x 6 x 6 or so?

Any thoughts or ideas? Get a bigger hatchery thing, or try to modify my current nicer box to tighten up the slits, or some other options?? Housing would be from a day to a week or two.
Thanks so much for your time
Joel

Unread 12/08/2019, 03:05 PM   #2
bradleym
Registered Member

Look up pond plant supplies. The pots they use are fantastic for this, and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 92g corner round. No sand, lots of mushrooms.
bradleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2019, 03:07 PM   #3
bradleym
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleym View Post
Look up pond plant supplies. The pots they use are fantastic for this, and come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.

Sorry - the baskets are what I meant. The pots are something completely different.

Current Tank Info: 92g corner round. No sand, lots of mushrooms.
bradleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2019, 05:12 AM   #4
ThRoewer
Registered Member

Yep, pond baskets are what I use to isolate anemones and even fish at times - works perfectly!

You find then at Lows, Home Depot and many other places that carry pond supplies.

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote