Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/19/2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Dundermifflin
Registered Member

Trigger in trouble

I think my porcupine snapped my niger trigger's spine.

The fish I have in the take have been in together for over a year and never had any issues. The porcupine has grown to 6" plus in length and become aggressive during feeding only. Docile during the day. I think he got the niger trigger as he went for food. Trrigger started spiraling out of control. Thought he was dead, but has been going somehow for the last 48 hours. He's curled up under a rock-actually folder over, but still alive.

If his spine was broke can he survive (which I'm assuming would have some deformity)?

Dundermifflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2017, 12:03 PM   #2
humaguy
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundermifflin View Post
I think my porcupine snapped my niger trigger's spine.

The fish I have in the take have been in together for over a year and never had any issues. The porcupine has grown to 6" plus in length and become aggressive during feeding only. Docile during the day. I think he got the niger trigger as he went for food. Trrigger started spiraling out of control. Thought he was dead, but has been going somehow for the last 48 hours. He's curled up under a rock-actually folder over, but still alive.

If his spine was broke can he survive (which I'm assuming would have some deformity)?
Post pics, if only the trig and the wound is not severe, the trig should be okay long term, providing no infection or anything else, like a puffer attack happens.

Hope all is okay,

Ted

humaguy is offline   Reply With Quote