Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/08/2010, 07:16 PM   #1
a-T-m
Registered Member

Sand Dwelling Anemones and Blennies/Dragonet

I was interested in getting either a lawnmower blenny, a scooter blenny, or a spotted dragonet for my tank. I do have a sand dwelling anemone, sebae, and was wondering if this would prevent me from getting the fish.

Does anyone have any info on this? Can you or can you not do it, has someone on here done it?

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys!

a-T-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2010, 08:08 PM   #2
dirtStar
Registered Member

I have a LM blenny, and he a rarely on the sand. He camps out in the rocks somewhere and grazes on the tank glass or the rocks, sounds good...but depends on the size of your tank also, mine grew from 2 inches to 5+ in about 5 months, he is supersized!

I also got a red starry dragonet about 2 months ago. He spends more time on the sand, but noone bothers him, same for my green mandarin. They dont bother anything and noone bothers them. My green mandarin is always on the rocks hunting.

Aside from the LM blenny, you would need a good pod population with a seasoned tank.
The dragonets kinda eat other stuff but focuses on pods and the like.

3 stripe and blue devil damsels, 4 Nemo including mating pair and 1 B&W misbar
NEW: Green Mandarin, Pictichromis diadema "dotty"
Centropyge flavicauda Whitetail Pygmy Angel
dirtStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2010, 08:11 PM   #3
What The?
Registered Member

I have 2 sand dwellers and a dragonet he goes no where near them but i also have a 75 gallon. hope that helps.

Current Tank Info: 29 gallon bio
What The? is offline   Reply With Quote