Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/07/2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Mattr1010
Registered Member

Bartlett anthias breeding

My bartlett's have spawned and fry have hatched inside upside down bottle to feed sun coral. They look pretty safe in there. Is there anyone who has any experience in anthias offspring?

Mattr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/2017, 01:31 PM   #2
ichthyogeek
Registered Member

Do you have any pictures?! I haven't heard of anthias spawning before.

Not really any experience, but live rotifers, green water and freshly hatched baby brine shrimp seem to be a staple in raising saltwater fish.

Back after a 5 year hiatus.
ichthyogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2017, 06:30 AM   #3
eastlake
Registered Member

I read an article, though I cant remember where for the life of me, that the same group that hatched and raised the masked angel also hatched and raised some anthias. The eggs were collected from a public aquarium and then sent there and once the eggs hatched and they used up the yolk sacs the young were fed parvo pod napuli to get them started and food size upgraded accordingly as they grew. I think they grew out to be either lyre tail or Bartlett's but I cant recall.

eastlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2017, 12:23 PM   #4
westohooligan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlake View Post
I read an article, though I cant remember where for the life of me, that the same group that hatched and raised the masked angel also hatched and raised some anthias. The eggs were collected from a public aquarium and then sent there and once the eggs hatched and they used up the yolk sacs the young were fed parvo pod napuli to get them started and food size upgraded accordingly as they grew. I think they grew out to be either lyre tail or Bartlett's but I cant recall.
This is a tough one. I scoured forums looking for info. I would suggest trying the Marine Breeders Initiative at www.mbisite.org, there are many accomplished and published breeders on there that might be able to point you in the right direction.

Edit* I found this! http://www.mbisite.org/Forums/tm.aspx?m=99682

Last edited by westohooligan; 08/30/2017 at 12:36 PM.
westohooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 01:41 PM   #5
joyce322
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlake View Post
Rising Tide Conservation

joyce322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Utter1jc
Registered Member

Im very interested in this. What size tank do you have, what size was your group, what else was in the tank, what was the male to female ratio, any other possibly relavant tank conditions?

Utter1jc is offline   Reply With Quote