Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/21/2018, 09:29 AM   #1
brad
Registered Member

atl silver bullet

I drove down to Akron a few years ago to buy corals from someone shutting down a tank. Something I wanted was on a rock with an Acropora they were real excited about. They said it would grow thinner and bluer and they sold dozens of tiny frags for $60, they said it was a named coral, but they forgot the name. I wanted the other stuff on the rock, and the price was right and I took it.

It has since become my favorite coral in the tank. Colorful, fast growing, hardy, interesting shapes and unlike anything else. I've been trying to sell it under the name "Akron Blue Line" since I bought it in Akron and run Akron marathon, which has a blue line through the whole course in the city. It never sold well for me, and is usually outsold by common purple tip valida either online or right next to each other. I really only want to sell it so I can get it back if it dies or my tank crashes.

Yesterday I saw "Atl Silver Bullet" posted at a fragswap:

And I believe this is the same coral, at least similar looking corallites and coloration. Again, no one buying it at a low price, and I only found a few threads of people selling it.

Does anyone know if these are the same coral? Is anyone familiar with this coral?

I don't understand why it isn't more popular. It isn't Homewrecker colorful, but look how popular "green slimer" still is, and lots of things are bright green. This has more interesting shapes and a shade of color that is hard to find in anything hardy and fast growing (yes, Oregon tort is also solid blue and much bluer, but grows at a snail's pace).

brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Deahttub
Registered Member

I really dig it...id be down for that in mu tank....

Deahttub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2018, 10:40 AM   #3
Pife
Registered Member

Looks like a blue tip purple stag.

I'm not saying let's get rid of all the stupid people.* I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem work itself out.

Current Tank Info: 150g DT plumbed to an 80g frag tank and 220g sump in the basement. ~6-MP40s ~ 12 ATI powered t5s ~ Reefbrites and Radions supplementing ~ Custom GEO Skimmer ~ GEO CA Reactor 6x24~ Iwaki 70 Return ~
Pife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2018, 11:17 AM   #4
Patrick Cox
Registered Member

Are you selling frags?

Unread 01/27/2018, 04:23 PM   #5
reefmutt
Registered Member

Man! I would be all over that coral if I could by from the states.
I’d kill to find a deep blue stag like that. It’s awesome.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote