Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/28/2006, 07:51 PM   #1
whirley
Registered Member

Question Yellow head Jawfish, anyone keep these?

I'm just curious, has anyone kept a Yellow headed Jawfish successfully in thier tank, with them being jumpers (out of the tank)?

I've had one or two of them before, in the past (smaller tanks) and they always jumped out of the tank.

They're awesome fish, burring around the sand in the bottom of the tank. Lots of personality. I just wish they wouldn't jump!

whirley

Current Tank Info: Infinite
whirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2006, 09:48 PM   #2
km133688
Registered Member

i started with four after 2 months I had one left. Others jumped out of the tank. Very necessary to keep a lid on the tank.

This last guy though, he stays in the sand under a rock and seems to have no interest in leaving his home. He gets fed lots of hikari mysis and has to compete only with seahorses on his side of the tank so I guess that makes a diference.

Good luck, Kevin

Current Tank Info: 28Gallon BioCube HQI w/ mated pair of tomatoe clowns and mated pair of banggai cardinalfish
km133688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2006, 10:21 PM   #3
andiruleu
Registered Member

keep a lid on the tank.. and then they wont get out

andiruleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2006, 03:39 AM   #4
KrazyMandarin
Registered Member

I've kept two wirh success for over two years now. I have no canopy directly on the tank. Nor do i have a cover. All i have done is provide plenty of spots where the rock work meets wide spans of sand. Both have dug out their own niche and haven't moved homes in months.

KrazyMandarin is offline   Reply With Quote