Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/16/2018, 03:17 PM   #1
pwfletcher
Registered Member

Received COR-15 ... Horrible Quality Control

Just received a COR-15 in the mail 10 minutes ago. Absolutely HORRIBLE quality control ... manufacturing defects, dinged up inside the packaging, glue leaking onto the case from the seams of the pump, looks as if it was justified shoved into the box. WTH Neptune? Usually your products warrant a higher purchase price, but the his thing looks like it was just slapped together by a 10 year-old. After such a long wait ... SENDING IT BACK TOMORROW ;-(

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1497.jpg (54.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1498.jpg (41.3 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1499.jpg (34.4 KB, 108 views)
pwfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/16/2018, 03:57 PM   #2
TerenceF
Registered Member

The box damage looks like something happened in shipping. As though the box did not get packed adequately from whomever you received it from.

The marks on those fittings are mold injection points. Not dings. That is certainly not how you should receive it though. You will always see a mark there, but it should have been cleaned up at injection molding. It will not affect the performance but we can certainly get new ones out to you.

Please send a ticket into support with more photos and we can get this taken care of.

Unread 01/16/2018, 07:10 PM   #3
bobt2
Registered Member

mine gets here tomorrow. we'll see how it looks

bobt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 12:22 PM   #4
pwfletcher
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response Terence. I got it from https://www.saltwateraquarium.com. The outer box the unit came in was in perfect condition so I doubt that the issues were due to shipping damage. More likely, your assessment of poorly executed injection points that were not cleaned up and were missed during quality control checks is correct. Also, the white residue covering one side of the case could have accumulated from left-over water that wasn't cleaned off after testing. Still, pretty poor quality control.

On a side note, my entire system is current generation Apex from top to bottom and I have been extremely happy with all of your products. Unfortunately, I think these first COR orders were likely rushed out the door without crossing their Ts and dotting their Is. My concern is, if it looks this bad on the outside, what is going on inside the pump ... I'm just going to send it back, wait until the initial bugs are worked out of the process, and then give it another shot later. I'm still a huge Apex fan ;-)

pwfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 07:03 PM   #5
bobt2
Registered Member

got mine today. looks just fine. I will install it over the weekend

bobt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2018, 06:29 PM   #6
stpauli914
Registered Member

My pair of COR-20's arrived yesterday from Bulk Reef Supply. Both look great and I can't wait to put them into operation. I have a couple more weeks until my fishroom is built and ready though...

Current Tank Info: 240 Gallon Mixed Reef Miracles Custom 72x30x25 Starfire, COR20 RD3 80W, BK Alpha 200, MP40QD's, Radion G4 Pros * 80 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless SPS Dominant 48x24x16 Starfire, RD5 ECO, BK Mini 160, MP40QD's, Radion Gen4 Pros* Apex Controlled
stpauli914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2018, 10:19 PM   #7
Maximus
Registered Member

My Cor 20 looks and operates great! Love this pump so far!!

Current Tank Info: 36x36x16 A.G.E. tank. Lighting: ATI Straton. Circulation: 2x Vortech MP40wQd's. Skimmer: Red Sea 300. Controller: Neptune Apex. Doser: Neptune Dos.
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2018, 08:46 PM   #8
dentnshell
Registered Member

I installed my COR-20 this past weekend. I can say out of the box there was a white residue that looked like when superglue is applied to plastic and it turns the plastic white.

I did trim an injection molding site that was close to the mounting / o-ring area.

The pump definitely out flows my sicce 5. I am running it at 100" as I decided to T off the output to add circulation around my Chaeto.

Pump is dead silent. The programming wizzard that pops up every time you access the config is very annoying, not to mention a "Sample Configuration" window that pops up every time you access the config.

So far I am happy, wishing I had a silent DC pump for my skimmer.

Current Tank Info: DSA rimless 105
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote