Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Kimberly Hall
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/05/2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Jochen
Registered Member

Pests prevention

Hy Kimberly,

I would like to congratulate to the great job you guys do in this beautyful aquarium. On day I will come and visit it, thats for sure.

I would like to ask one question, I am thinking of due to my personal experience in my own system with around 1500 gal.
I am presently fighting with lots of asterinas especially the dark ones, which like to eat many kinds of coral, preferably the seriatoporas and pocciloporas.
Because I am thinking about realisation of a very big system myself I am very concerned about all kind of pests and how to prevent or fight it. I dont know any kind of natural fighting measures against the asterinas, except the harlekin shrimp.
What are you doing in a huge system like the one in the Georgia Aquarium to prevent pests like this?

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards from Germany

Jochen

Jochen is offline   Reply With Quote