Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/01/2014, 01:28 PM   #26
swk
Registered Member

I've never ever used the dimming option. Just staggered the start times for the channel. I was hoping someone would be answering emails on a Saturday, but that has not been the case

Current Tank Info: 75 gal SPS dominant reef. Geo calcium reactor with masterflex pump, Deltec 1455 skimmer, 2 mp40QD, mp10wes, lit by a 6x54 dimable ATI sunpower and controlled by Reef Angel
swk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/01/2014, 01:48 PM   #27
Will846
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swk View Post
I've never ever used the dimming option. Just staggered the start times for the channel. I was hoping someone would be answering emails on a Saturday, but that has not been the case

Crazy thing is mine went out on a Friday also. Lol. No response tell Monday

Will846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2014, 12:53 PM   #28
Aqua Adam 1998
Registered Member

dimmable

I dont use the dimmer much either

Aqua Adam 1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2014, 06:44 PM   #29
swk
Registered Member

2 new relays on the way today. Good service by ATI on this

Current Tank Info: 75 gal SPS dominant reef. Geo calcium reactor with masterflex pump, Deltec 1455 skimmer, 2 mp40QD, mp10wes, lit by a 6x54 dimable ATI sunpower and controlled by Reef Angel
Unread 11/03/2014, 06:49 PM   #30
bayoupr
Registered Member

One relay out after two months of use. Got the replacement today.

bayoupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2014, 01:34 PM   #31
swk
Registered Member

Were anyone's relays glued down? Wondering if I need to pick up a hot glue gun. 6x54 watt

Unread 11/05/2014, 03:10 PM   #32
slin1977
Registered Member

My 8 x 39 dimmable powermodule arrives brand new today.
I don't plan to use the dimming feature and only got that incase I changed my mind.
Can only hope that the unit gives me no problems as this unit cost a lot of money.

I thought ATI sorted these issues months ago !!!!

slin1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2014, 07:25 PM   #33
Ashr
Registered Member

So I just had a 8x36" 39w dimmable fixture ordered. ATI said I got new relays as the old ones had issues.. I should have it this week.. see how it goes I suppose.

Ashr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2014, 08:33 PM   #34
renato120
Registered Member

I bought my used. How do you contact them? Any way you can contact them by phone or just email?
Before my relays go bad im gonna order a couple.

Current Tank Info: 60g cube
renato120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/24/2014, 10:33 PM   #35
swk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renato120 View Post
I bought my used. How do you contact them? Any way you can contact them by phone or just email?
Before my relays go bad im gonna order a couple.
Just go to the ati north america website and look for a "customer service" or "contact us" link. They were true CS pros with me

Unread 08/25/2015, 09:01 AM   #36
arturoc
Registered Member

Glad I found this thread! I purchased my 6 bulb fixture in september last year and a 2 weeks ago my channel 1 went dead on me. Also experienced the 15 minutes off on the clock and thought i was going crazy, so im glad to hear im not.

Guess ill call ATI know, even though the store i got it from is ordering me a new ballast.

Any way to tell if its a relay or a ballast without opening up the unit? I have tried to swap out my bulbs already.

arturoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2015, 10:32 AM   #37
swk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturoc View Post
Glad I found this thread! I purchased my 6 bulb fixture in september last year and a 2 weeks ago my channel 1 went dead on me. Also experienced the 15 minutes off on the clock and thought i was going crazy, so im glad to hear im not.

Guess ill call ATI know, even though the store i got it from is ordering me a new ballast.

Any way to tell if its a relay or a ballast without opening up the unit? I have tried to swap out my bulbs already.

Yes there is. If it's the relay, the channel will make an audible click noise when the channel is powered on. If there's a click, but no light I believe it's likely the relay. Ati is best at this sort of thing obviously but I've had a ballast and relays go out.

Unread 10/05/2015, 06:14 AM   #38
ravin01
Registered Member

New ATI Sunpower Dimmable Issues

I have a new fixture. ATI Sunpower 8 bulb fixture. I went through the burn in period and placed the fixture over an existing tank full of corals. Things went well for the first week.

I then noticed that my tank was overheating. Their website claims that the fixture runs cool. Then I had the two middle bulbs go out. I went online and saw that you should try and swap the bulbs out. I live alone and so taking the fixture down is an issue. I added two new bulbs and it seemed to work.

Immediately upon hanging the fixture Channel One went out with it's two bulbs. I noticed that my tank is still running 3 degree's hotter than normal. I called ATI and they told me to replace the moved bulbs with the bulbs that had been burned in. They then told me to move the bulbs around and if that didn't work to call back. They had a few "tricks" to try before offering to do something with the fixture.

What a bunch of bull ****. I am currently putting together a 200 gallon tank which I was going to use the ATI Powermodule. I am cancelling the order. I am really busy and do not have time for this crap. What a piece of **** and crappy service on a disfunctional product.

ravin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2015, 07:38 AM   #39
spectrascott
Registered Member

Well reading all these threads I am not sure I want to order one of these lights.....maybe just go with the non dimmable version.

spectrascott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2015, 08:54 PM   #40
ravin01
Registered Member

Problems with ATI Dimmable Sunpower

I am still having issues with my Sunpower.

I purchased the fixture through a local dealer just two months ago.

The fixture has been over heating my tank. It is free floating in a basement room where the air temperature stays between 60 and 75 degree's.

8 bulb fixture. Initially bulbs 4 and 5 were out. I replaced the bulbs. Now Channel 1 is out. The bulbs are good. I've had the fixture 2 months. Nothing but problems.

ATI sent me a video showing a manual setting for the fans. I wonder if I have an old fixture even though it was recently purchased.

There are internal settings for the fans. I checked them and they are correct.

ATI is telling me to send the fixture to them. The dealer is saying that they won't help other than to send it to them to be fixed.

I would not buying from ATI. In my opinion I got taken.

ravin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2015, 09:53 PM   #41
Will846
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin01 View Post
I am still having issues with my Sunpower.

I purchased the fixture through a local dealer just two months ago.

The fixture has been over heating my tank. It is free floating in a basement room where the air temperature stays between 60 and 75 degree's.

8 bulb fixture. Initially bulbs 4 and 5 were out. I replaced the bulbs. Now Channel 1 is out. The bulbs are good. I've had the fixture 2 months. Nothing but problems.

ATI sent me a video showing a manual setting for the fans. I wonder if I have an old fixture even though it was recently purchased.

There are internal settings for the fans. I checked them and they are correct.

ATI is telling me to send the fixture to them. The dealer is saying that they won't help other than to send it to them to be fixed.

I would not buying from ATI. In my opinion I got taken.

When I sent my fixture back to ATI I received it back with the wing that holds the plexiglass bent up. And 2 weeks later burned up another relay. After several emails I received an email apologizing for my problems and they found out the relays where faulty and the company that makes them would not stand by their product. They sent me 2 new relays from another company and they worked.

Will846 is offline   Reply With Quote