Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Appalachian Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/20/2006, 09:03 PM   #26
Brock Fluharty
Registered Member

I hate those cichlids...they killed my angelfish...of course, that's my fault more than theirs.

Current Tank Info: 75g aggressive reef, 20g A. percula tank, 29g H. erectus seahorse tank
Brock Fluharty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2006, 09:28 PM   #27
Altpers0na-old
Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by grendl
. Google wilma rogers snails to find her page.

googling it didnt turn up anything for me

Altpers0na-old is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2006, 11:15 PM   #28
grendl
Registered Member

Sorry you couldnt find it... it's because I was feeding you misinformation!!!!

http://www.jayscustomcomputers.com/wilma/

It was Wilma Duncan, my bad! The website looks pretty old, but she is still active. I BELIEVE she lives in Dawson, Wv, which is somewhere past Beckley, but before Lewisburg.

Unread 01/12/2007, 07:38 AM   #29
spinnerbayt
Registered Member

Hey guys, any new info on this? Is there still a hope of this getting off the ground?

Current Tank Info: LPS & Softy Dominated
spinnerbayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2007, 07:01 PM   #30
WVfishguy
Registered Member

Tough on my part - I'm in the middle of trying to grow my business. Plus, I'm pessimistic about local commitment. We had a strong start before, but apathy eventually took over.

WVfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/12/2007, 09:37 PM   #31
igotsalt
Registered Member

I still have my very 1st fresh tank ...it is a 20h on a wrought iron stand with another 20h under it! Purchased 1978...couple of years ago! The cichlids are my favorite. I have raised jack dempseys, convicts, severums, jewel fish, and others. I never got into the community tanks until lately. I currentlty have a 90g w/bloody parrots, 6 large silver dollars, 8 columbia tetras, bleeding hearts and assorted catfish and loaches. My all time favorite tank was a 55g that I torn down Oct 2005 to go saltwater. It was a busy, enjoyable tank. When people came to my house that was their favorite tank. At that time I had 4-29g, 2-55g, 2-20H, and 3-10's . It had several different types of south american cichlids. I had always had s.african before. I liked the idea that they didn't grow too big too quickly. The fish have such a big range of colors. I filled the tank with several lbs of large, flat pieces of slate. The slate comes in many different colors and textures and makes the tank look very natural. I used: brown swirled in tan, gray, black, and reddish/clay color. I planted it heavily with realistic looking vine type plants. I broke the tank up into smaller areas by shoving the slate in at odd angles which gave each pair their own territory! It does not take them long to break off into pairs. These guys really breed quick and often! The colors of off spring was truly beautiful. The only draw back to the tank was cleaning it. You had to pull ALL rock work and plants out to clean the gravel. Then is was exciting to watch them relocate into a nitch in the newly arranged tank.

I currently have a 10.5 yr old tilipia (approx. 10.5" long)....he is so mean. I have a brick on his lid to keep him in. He has jumped out twice and filleted huge pieces from his body. Very hardy and tough fish. He will show you his teeth if you make faces at him! He has outgrown his tank again. I need a 40g breeder if anyone is willing to trade or I'll buy it straight out. If you ever get this club going I would like to be apart of it!

igotsalt is offline   Reply With Quote