Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/01/2012, 08:17 AM   #251
Red_Ant
Registered Member

Tagging along as well to find out the spread and par ratings. I'm setting up a 36x36x24 tank that will be all acan and chalice and would like to know if I would need to get one or two Vega's. If two, then I will probably just get the 160 Razor.

Red_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/01/2012, 08:53 PM   #252
hydrahawk
Registered Member

Do we know if the Vega will fit the existing AI rails?

Current Tank Info: 40B, 2x AI Sol, AquaC Remora, Large Aquafuge2, 2x MP 10ES
hydrahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2012, 08:36 AM   #253
MBVette
Registered Member

yes the vegas are supposed to fit on the existing rails.

MBVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2012, 10:56 AM   #254
slickmin
Registered Member

It will be end of September we will.still be waiting on this Vega

Current Tank Info: 100 gallon custom glasscage 48 24 20 trigger systems 36 ruby vertex 150 skimmer ai vega lights
slickmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2012, 01:53 PM   #255
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Have these shipped out to the end user yet?

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2012, 05:55 PM   #256
Reefer94
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLiD View Post
Have these shipped out to the end user yet?
Doubtful with the Labor Day holiday. They shipped out to retailers on August 31. Hopefully they get the upgrades done soon, that's what I'm really waiting for.

20g - 10g Sump, Vortech MP10wES, AquaC Urchin PRO, AI Vega
60g Cube in the works

Current Tank Info: 20g Nano, 10g Sump, AI SOL Blue LED
Reefer94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2012, 05:57 PM   #257
Saltwatercoral2
Registered Member

Hellolights said they are going to have them drop shipped until they have them in stock. Not sure which would be the quicker route.

Saltwatercoral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2012, 01:32 PM   #258
Razv
Registered Member

Just joining this thread. The fact that these units are shipping is wonderful news. However, does anybody know when the New Controllers will ship? It would certainly be frustrating to receive the unit and not be able to use it. With that in mind, I might as well wait for the Director which “should” be out at MACNA.

Razv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2012, 01:37 PM   #259
qfrisco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razv View Post
Just joining this thread. The fact that these units are shipping is wonderful news. However, does anybody know when the New Controllers will ship? It would certainly be frustrating to receive the unit and not be able to use it. With that in mind, I might as well wait for the Director which “should” be out at MACNA.

I was told by ReefGeek last week that the controller will ship along with the first shipments of the lights. They said that was confirmed to them by AI.

qfrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2012, 04:45 PM   #260
reefsurfing
Registered Member

some folks might have recieved shipping notifications troday!! Ineterested to see how these turn out!

reefsurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2012, 10:22 PM   #261
slickmin
Registered Member

hold do u really need to buy the controller for u to be able to use it. becuz that would suck..

Current Tank Info: 100 gallon custom glasscage 48 24 20 trigger systems 36 ruby vertex 150 skimmer ai vega lights
slickmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2012, 07:10 AM   #262
qfrisco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickmin View Post
hold do u really need to buy the controller for u to be able to use it. becuz that would suck..
That's something I couldn't get confirmed before I placed my preorder last week, but my guess is that a controller wouldn't be needed and you just wouldn't be able to use all the functions of the light without a controller. For example, with the Sols, if you didn't have a controller, the light would turn on at 100% intensity when you plug it in - just like any other MH or T5 light. I would think they would have designed the Vegas similarly.

Unread 09/05/2012, 03:53 PM   #263
Razv
Registered Member

That's exactly my concern. I preordered these unit mainly b/c of the power output AND the control they offer. Without a controller, I will not feel my corals would be safe being blasted by the full output of the units. I guess I'll receive them, plug them in just to see them on and wait until either the controller or the director is released.

Razv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2012, 04:09 PM   #264
qfrisco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razv View Post
That's exactly my concern. I preordered these unit mainly b/c of the power output AND the control they offer. Without a controller, I will not feel my corals would be safe being blasted by the full output of the units. I guess I'll receive them, plug them in just to see them on and wait until either the controller or the director is released.
You could always just acclimate like we always have with MHs and T5s - by reducing your photoperiod in half and slowly increasing it every week.

Unread 09/05/2012, 04:44 PM   #265
reefsurfing
Registered Member

The units will run without the controller but the unit will run at 100%. It would have been nice to g have director released at the same t time but it would have hindered controller sales, can't do that. I was a radion owner and the thing i missed about my sol s was the controller, I am back on the AI train to give the Vega a chance. I had mazzaras for a while and my corals reacted really well to them but the unit itself was really poorly made. I am hoping the xm`ls were the missing piece of that puzzle and i plan on replacing two pods of leds immediately.

I am still planning colors but my initial reaction is To add UV, royal blue, very deep blue, blue and warm white or even more likely neutral white. Those colors in two pods are what I'm planning for sps, zoa and macro display. Needless to say, I can't wait to see what others are doing with their units, hopefully tracking shows up soon!

Unread 09/05/2012, 07:25 PM   #266
ccarita
Registered Member

AquaIllumination posted this on Facebook:

Hello, Yes controllers were shipped out as well. The Great thing about the Vega is that it can manually still be controlled without the controller as well at intensities of 0,1,20,40,60,80 and 100%. A feature that our engineers thought our AI users would appreciate. Thank you!

ccarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2012, 08:09 PM   #267
Red_Ant
Registered Member

That is great news, now people can wait for Director. I can't wait to start see some of the review on spread and par.

Red_Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/05/2012, 08:59 PM   #268
reefsurfing
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarita View Post
AquaIllumination posted this on Facebook:

Hello, Yes controllers were shipped out as well. The Great thing about the Vega is that it can manually still be controlled without the controller as well at intensities of 0,1,20,40,60,80 and 100%. A feature that our engineers thought our AI users would appreciate. Thank you!
Even better! Add a timer and your set until director launches sometime in the next month or so.

Unread 09/06/2012, 12:06 PM   #269
qfrisco
Registered Member

Just got off the phone with ReefGeek - my order is shipping today! Should be getting them by early next week.

Unread 09/06/2012, 02:24 PM   #270
nanoreefbro
Registered Member

Same with me. I should have them by tomorrow. I'll take pics and post them.

nanoreefbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2012, 02:36 PM   #271
qfrisco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefbro View Post
Same with me. I should have them by tomorrow. I'll take pics and post them.

Lucky you! Post pics in this thread too: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2210514

Unread 10/21/2012, 05:03 PM   #272
ckrumbhaar
Registered Member

so any futher thoughts on add the 250s?. I have them getting dusty.. love the ais sunrise, sunset, sun move over tank, moon.. even Tstorms is cool now and then...but i do feel its just not the same.. MH seemed to have cazy growth, its fast now but different and i cant explain it well.... adding more hangers and putting up the MHs... could kinda fit.., if i moved the vegas out further and angled them......i still have the chiller... i like the just 4 hours a day on top idea

ckrumbhaar is offline   Reply With Quote