Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/25/2017, 02:27 PM   #26
ClownNut
Registered Member

i did have dino when i started this tank, i was using NOPOX at that time, but i don't think nopox was the cause, since the last couple years seem a lot of system getting dino. DinoX help me kick dino out of my system within 7 days. of course, i have a friend that have a different strain of dino, they love clean water, dose dinox have no effect, but dosing KNO3 is the solution for him.
dont do water change when you have dino.
GL hope you can kill the dino fast, they are PITA.
carbon source dosing is using to control nutrient, if you have high nutrient it will help. as like any method they all have limits, for most NO3 limited are a common problem. since the bacteria use NO3-PO4 about 16-1 ratio. you usually bottom out on NO3 before the PO4 hit 0.

Current Tank Info: 300DD, SM200/RD3,ATI 60-8X80+4X75, 2 Sea Sweep & 4X6105 & 6208

Last edited by ClownNut; 03/25/2017 at 02:34 PM.
ClownNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 02:34 PM   #27
aristocrat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownNut View Post
i did have dino when i started this tank, i was using NOPOX at that time, but i don't think nopox was the cause, since the last couple years seem a lot of system getting dino. DinoX help me kick dino out of my system within 7 days. of course, i have a friend that have a different strain of dino, they love clean water, dose dinox have no effect, but dosing KNO3 is the solution for him.
dont do water change when you have dino.
GL hope you can kill the dino fast, they are PITA

Lol see this is the issue. One advanced reefer told me my issue is due to chemical imbalances and nutrients and perform 10% water changes for more than a month daily. Another one told me to slowly stop dosing NOPOX gradually and may be think of a black out for 4 days that will kill everything off and then may be start vodka+vinegar+sugar combo but do a lot of research before you try and mix the right concoction.

I'm a bit confused on what exactly to do. But however as I said I'm not dumping a lot of food like before and NOPOX is getting things to control. Furthermore I'm using very minimal (i.e. 2ml) of NOPOX a day, so lets see how we go and will update you soon I will also test nitrates today and post them here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote