Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2015, 09:53 AM   #1
Captain_Pike
Registered Member

Question Need advice on external durso

I already have a 1'' bulkhead installed onto my 29 gal DT and 1'' soft tubing cemmented to my sump. My question is this: will the durso still function properly if I connect 1 1/4'' pvc to the bulkhead (having 1 1/4'' bushing, tee, end cap, and several inches of piping leading to the soft tubing) and then reduce back to 1'' to connect to my soft tubing?

I do not understand why it is necessary, or least better, to increase ID on the durso immediately following the bulkhead. Something about head pressure?

Anyway, this is my first aquarium ever and I've already made one or two big big mistakes. Like drilling a 2'' hole into my 29 gal DT..... I knew I shouldn't have but the glass company basically told me me they could only drill a 1'' or 2'', nothing in between. Pretty sure I got ripped off.

Captain_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
durso standpipe, help 29 gallon, pump help