Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2014, 01:25 AM   #151
Finsky
Registered Member

I will not ever medicate again.

I had a tank of healthy fish with excellent eight year old water quality and 200 lbs. of live rock three bubble tips one True Carpet and a 10 year old breeding pair of Tomato clowns.

I did notice a slight fraying of my rabbit fish and Drs. F & S recommended Melafix and Primafix.

The I added one dose of Melafix to my 120 on Sunday night after the usual 15% water change.

Then on Monday night I added a dose of Milafix and Pimafix together as I was told they go hand in hand.

Woke up Tuesday morning to find $780 worth of dead fish and had to do an emergency 20gallon water change before work.

No more medicating for my aquariums.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2014, 12:49 PM   #152
Deinonych
Registered Member

Melafix is useless IME. It doesn't have any actual medication in it, just a homeopathic remedy based on tea oil. Never used Pimafix, but it appears to be a similar product.

Hope is not a strategy.
Display Tank: DSA 105 w/36gal sump/fuge · 2x MP40wES PHs · 2x Radion Gen2 · Apex w/PM2 · Fish · Corals · Rock · Sand · Water
Deinonych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2014, 07:42 PM   #153
Finsky
Registered Member

I have pictures of dead useless in the bottom of two five gallon salt bucket with water.

Tangs, my clown and ****** trigger, gold spotted rabbit fish etc.

$720 total.

I will not medicate again unless I was forced to do it.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/11/2014, 08:36 PM   #154
Aquarist007
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Finsky;22421484]I have pictures of dead useless in the bottom of two five gallon salt bucket with water.

Tangs, my clown and ****** trigger, gold spotted rabbit fish etc.

$720 total.

I will not medicate again unless I was forced to do it.[/QUOTE

I emphasize with you. I only medicate as a last resort

For cyano I use ethromyacin. This worked great for about 20 tanks. Then in one tank I lost 6 fish overnight. Now only as a last resort

Current Tank Info: 150gal long mixed reef, 90gal sump, 60 gal refugium with 200 lbs live rock
Aquarist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2014, 08:54 AM   #155
Fish Biscuit
Registered Member

Does anyone know of any flakes or pellets that do not use ethoxyquin as a preservative? So far of what I have on hand, only the NLS pellets are not showing ethoxyquin.

I feed mainly frozen & the fish do enjoy clam frenzy so that is just as much for them as the corals. I'm looking to keep the diet balanced & was soaking pellets & flakes in selcon or fish oil.

I've worked at a vet & seen what "bad" preservatives do to animals. BHA, BHT, & ethoxyquin are known to cause cancer & I'd like to keep it out of my fish too.

I enjoy vodka entirely too much to share with the fish.

Current Tank Info: 65 rimless with Eshopps R200 sump, current inhabitants randall goby, helfrichi, possum wrasse, barnacle blenny, mandarin, pistol, peppermint, & fire shrimp, snails, hermits, & LPS
Fish Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2014, 04:18 AM   #156
Ihsan Ida
Registered Member

Fish Disease Treatment

Hi. I really appreciate all of your posts here about the right nutrition and vitamins for fish. I have been taking care of my small fishes for about 7 years now, but the only thing , i noticed was, they died easily. Maybe, I do lack the knowledge about its proper care and diet. I am happy that I found this forum threads that talks about fish.

Ihsan Ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/18/2014, 11:41 AM   #157
ScubaSky
Registered Member

Good to know.

ScubaSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2015, 01:21 PM   #158
FortyFour
Registered Member

Great read!

FortyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2017, 02:52 AM   #159
admissioninfo12
Registered Member

All of that sounds good, but New Life Spectrum foods creator has a 2000 gallon tank with hundreds of fish he has maintained with his pellets only for over 8 years. If you check the web site, these fish look outstanding. He also indicates he has no problem with HLLE, or other diseases. They are very healthy looking and maximum colors. He maintains each feeding of his foods contain all the food requirements they need. He said feed his food execusively to ensure all their requrements food/vitamins, etc are supplied at each meal. I also like the new Formula pellet foods that are even more fresh with new ingredients. Most even contain garlic and many vitamins. I was using only frozen foods in the past, and some of my fish are 8 years old (blue tang/clown trigger). But, my emperor developed HLLE, so I am trying new foods, supplements. I also think that pellets keep the water cleaner. In other words it is like us eating a meal that always contains vegetables, meat, vitamins, breads, etc every meal, instead of eating just meat one meal and missing the other ingredients.

MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology admission
PES Institute of Technology admission
RV College of Engineering admission
PES School of Engineering Bangalore

Unread 05/05/2017, 11:26 AM   #160
JWClark
Registered Member

Admission, I'm guessing this was you back in 2006? It is a double post anyway. You work for New Life Spectrum? I am trying out the nutricell right now and use thera-A myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldog View Post
All of that sounds good, but New Life Spectrum foods creator has a 2000 gallon tank with hundreds of fish he has maintained with his pellets only for over 8 years. If you check the web site, these fish look outstanding. He also indicates he has no problem with HLLE, or other diseases. They are very healthy looking and maximum colors. He maintains each feeding of his foods contain all the food requirements they need. He said feed his food execusively to ensure all their requrements food/vitamins, etc are supplied at each meal. I also like the new Formula pellet foods that are even more fresh with new ingredients. Most even contain garlic and many vitamins. I was using only frozen foods in the past, and some of my fish are 8 years old (blue tang/clown trigger). But, my emperor developed HLLE, so I am trying new foods, supplements. I also think that pellets keep the water cleaner. In other words it is like us eating a meal that always contains vegetables, meat, vitamins, breads, etc every meal, instead of eating just meat one meal and missing the other ingredients.

Current Tank Info: Reefer 450 seed tank for the retirement 315gal Reef Savvy build.
JWClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2017, 03:34 PM   #161
Mishri
Registered Member

I think he copied the 2nd reply to the first post in this thread, then added click-bait links... his first post was him saying his name in the introduce yourself thread..

Unread 11/01/2017, 07:01 PM   #162
Terry Reefer
Registered Member

Thanks

Terry Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2018, 11:29 PM   #163
icerain29
Registered Member

I always feed my tangs nori, it helps a lot with their immune system

icerain29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2019, 09:34 PM   #164
wendywilson123
Registered Member

Baculoviruses are arthropod-specific viruses containing large double-stranded circular DNA genomes of 80,000–180,000 bp. In recent years, they have been utilized for producing complex eukaryotic proteins in insect cell cultures. There are several benefits of using baculovirus to express target protein, such as the virus being able to package large inserts, ability of post-translational modifications, enha

wendywilson123 is offline   Reply With Quote