Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/23/2019, 09:45 AM   #1
samhadley2
Registered Member

Sick Clownfish (Uronema??)

Hello,

Hoping I can get some advice diagnosing one of my Da Vinci Clowns.

Behaviour wise she seems fine, lethargic from time to time - resting on the sand bed for a few seconds but then back to chasing around the other clown.

She appears to have a small red patch on the front most stripe, after a brisk google search ‘Uronema’ looked to be the closest match but I’m unsure. As well as this, there seems to be a small cotton-like growth on the left pectoral fin. Not sure if they’re related or I’m dealing with two separate issues.

Tank parameters are stable and are as below, it’s been setup for ten months and the clowns have been in for two months.

Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 26°C
pH: 7.9/8.0 (a little low I know, have struggled to raise and maintain from the start)
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: ~5ppm

Any advice is really appreciated, hopefully can figure it out before it’s too late

IMG_8876.jpg
IMG_0730 2-min.jpg
IMG_1689-min.jpg
IMG_6749-min.jpg

samhadley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2019, 10:14 PM   #2
HumbleFish
Moved On

The cotton-like growth is probably just Lymphocystis: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa181

I can't really see the red patch in your pictures, but if it is uronema it will develop into a red sore.

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2019, 12:18 PM   #3
samhadley2
Registered Member

Either way it was too late. I went away for the weekend, just gotten back and she’s not made it. Thanks for your response anyway.

samhadley2 is offline   Reply With Quote