Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/13/2016, 07:03 AM   #1
aznxgqb0yx
Registered Member

Calcium reactor with aquaforest?

Hey ive been reading and searching but couldnt find the exact info im looking for, im currently running a calcium reactor, biopellet, skimmer, and a cheato fugium and want to switch over to the af pro salt with all your other additives, but with i want to keep running my calcium reactor, do i get the component 1,2,3+? Or i only need the coral a,b,e,v? I already understand the bacteria part just not the maintaining levels with the mineral part and what not. Ty

aznxgqb0yx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2016, 07:16 AM   #2
Sparky0028
Registered Member

I am in the same situation, looking to switch but a bit confused as which products to start with as i also have calcium reactor.

Thanks in Advance

Sparky0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2016, 08:12 AM   #3
drawman
Registered Member

No don't use the components if you want to run your calcium reactor. From what I understand you can use some of the supplements (Micro E, etc. but I forget which ones) and I believe you'll have to rely on water changes for balance. Here is a good thread of someone doing exactly that. You can fastforward towards the end...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2468548

Current tanks:
30 gallon rimless, G2 radion, Vertex 130, MP10w
60 gallon rimless, G3 radion, Vertex 130, MP40QD
drawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2016, 05:30 AM   #4
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

First of all important is what is Your calcium reactor fill.
Didi You read our GUIDE?

AF Amino Mix, AF Build, AF Energy and AF Vitality - that's supplements for corals. You Can use that with Balling and with Calcium reactor.
Calcium Reactor and Balling are create to dose macro elements(Ca,KH,MG) (and microelements if We want) to our tanks.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2016, 06:33 AM   #5
aznxgqb0yx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
First of all important is what is Your calcium reactor fill.
Didi You read our GUIDE?

AF Amino Mix, AF Build, AF Energy and AF Vitality - that's supplements for corals. You Can use that with Balling and with Calcium reactor.
Calcium Reactor and Balling are create to dose macro elements(Ca,KH,MG) (and microelements if We want) to our tanks.

Regards,
Aquaforest
Ty for your reply, im using carbisea aragonite media.

Unread 04/15/2016, 12:41 AM   #6
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxgqb0yx View Post
Ty for your reply, im using carbisea aragonite media.
There is no Microelements inside?
If not We recommend to use:
Component A
Component B
Component C

or dose by drops:

Iodum
Kalium
Fluorine
Iron
Strontium
Micro E

Besides microelements we recommend to doe supplements and food for corals:

AF Amino Mix
AF Build
AF Energy
AF Vitality
AF Power Food

Regards,
Aquaforest

Unread 04/15/2016, 01:00 PM   #7
aznxgqb0yx
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
There is no Microelements inside?
If not We recommend to use:
Component A
Component B
Component C

or dose by drops:

Iodum
Kalium
Fluorine
Iron
Strontium
Micro E

Besides microelements we recommend to doe supplements and food for corals:

AF Amino Mix
AF Build
AF Energy
AF Vitality
AF Power Food

Regards,
Aquaforest
Im not sure about all the micro elements, but i know there is some trace elements.
Here is the info on the calcium reactor media
A.R.M. Coarse Calcium Reactor Media, 8 lbs. A complete reactor media containing not only calcium and carbonate, but essential trace elements as well. In fact A.R.M. has nearly 50 times the strontium of other brands (7390 ppm). A.R.M. is processed for immediate use, no rinsing required, and has double the surface area of regular aragonite. Precision grading (10-15 mm) allows for maximum carbon dioxide penetration, and the exclusion of gastropod shells insures the lowest phosphate (less than 1/10 of 1 ppm) and silica (about 1/2 that of other brands) content. This grading also carries in the highest concentration of Halimeda incrassata, an aragonite so pure it has been used as a laboratory standard. A.R.M. has the highest solubility of any reactor media available (metastable at 8.2) so CO2 consumption is much lower.

Unread 04/18/2016, 01:11 PM   #8
Sparky0028
Registered Member

Thanks AquaForest, that's exactly the info i was looking for. Going to place order tomorrow. One last question, the reef salt or probiotic salt?

Rich

Unread 04/19/2016, 01:43 AM   #9
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxgqb0yx View Post
Im not sure about all the micro elements, but i know there is some trace elements.
Here is the info on the calcium reactor media
A.R.M. Coarse Calcium Reactor Media, 8 lbs. A complete reactor media containing not only calcium and carbonate, but essential trace elements as well. In fact A.R.M. has nearly 50 times the strontium of other brands (7390 ppm). A.R.M. is processed for immediate use, no rinsing required, and has double the surface area of regular aragonite. Precision grading (10-15 mm) allows for maximum carbon dioxide penetration, and the exclusion of gastropod shells insures the lowest phosphate (less than 1/10 of 1 ppm) and silica (about 1/2 that of other brands) content. This grading also carries in the highest concentration of Halimeda incrassata, an aragonite so pure it has been used as a laboratory standard. A.R.M. has the highest solubility of any reactor media available (metastable at 8.2) so CO2 consumption is much lower.
If Your calcium reactor fill contains trace elements - do not dose that extra micro. If You will see that your colors are not much saturated You Can try to dose micro.
We do not recommend to overdose micro.

Unread 04/19/2016, 01:44 AM   #10
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky0028 View Post
Thanks AquaForest, that's exactly the info i was looking for. Going to place order tomorrow. One last question, the reef salt or probiotic salt?

Rich
For start You Can use Reef Salt, If You will want to reduce NO3 and PO4 more You Can try Probiotic Reef Salt.

Regards,
Aquaforest

Unread 04/21/2016, 07:03 AM   #11
Sparky0028
Registered Member

Thank You,
I ordered the Probiotic Reef Salt to start with.

Rich

Unread 05/31/2016, 03:43 AM   #12
thirst
Registered Member

The recommended dosage of 10mL per 54 gallons, is that the max dosage, min dosage. How to determine if that dosage is too much or too little? What are some signs that micro is overdosed?

I am doing dosing CA/KH/MG already and would like to use up my supply, so I figure the easiest thing for me to do is to add dosing of Component A + B + C to my current regimen.

Any issues with this? Should I try with half dosage of the Micro, or some other amount other than the recommended amount?

thirst is offline   Reply With Quote