Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/24/2017, 10:54 PM   #951
mrtint
Registered Member

Yes I have. I don't think the blue tooth adapter is connecting with doser. Adapter connects fine with Hyperion so Bluetooth works. I was going to uninstall kore 5th from blue tooth devices and reinstall but I'm waiting for tech service to respond so I don't mess it up any more.

Can you confirm correct .bin file I should be using for windows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2017, 10:56 AM   #952
erik2302
Registered Member

latest FW for mac is 1.6b? Is that correct?

erik2302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2017, 01:13 PM   #953
erik2302
Registered Member

After about 50+ tries over two days, I now have a device that's only function is to tell me "Bootloader ready".

This is why I HATE making any changes on this thing, seems something always goes wrong.

Unread 10/12/2017, 02:16 PM   #954
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Eric,
you are supported on Beta Tester users group right? If yes - it's best place to find support cause they are not supporting Customers thru ReefCentral(or any other website/forums).

I talked with service today about supporting you - but they don't have any mails regarding help in firmware update in last days from any Customer.
Please contact with them directly - they can perform it for you remotely or give advanced troubleshooting hints!
Thank you.

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/12/2017, 02:19 PM   #955
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtint View Post
Yes I have. I don't think the blue tooth adapter is connecting with doser. Adapter connects fine with Hyperion so Bluetooth works. I was going to uninstall kore 5th from blue tooth devices and reinstall but I'm waiting for tech service to respond so I don't mess it up any more.

Can you confirm correct .bin file I should be using for windows

Now I found your post - it's solved actually?
If not - please let our service know.

We expect to release new firmware soon compatible with our kHLab and Cube Bluetooth<>Wifi bridge so stay tuned.
Again - we remind that updates to latest firmware should be done ONLY using dedicated firmware update apps not control software(as it's mentioned in manual and on our website).

BR

Przemek

Unread 10/12/2017, 02:49 PM   #956
erik2302
Registered Member

I sent them an email before I wrote that post, I post here because you get help faster usually...every time I've written support it's next day responses that don't really help and I just stumble through.

What is the Beta Tester users group??

Unread 10/12/2017, 03:09 PM   #957
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Please drop me mail to info [at] pacific-sun.eu and also service [at] pacific-sun.eu cause they don't have any mail regarding troubles with firmware update on dozer.
About next day responses - we are working 8:00 am to 4:30pm so if mail arrive after that opening time they can't reply earlier than on next day.. But Tomasz is right person for your technical support(in fact, it's only one service man since last 7 years and still have a lot of time for many other things).
Usually troubles with firmware update are sourced by bluetooth/app settings
If you see Bootloader ready message on LCD you should follow that steps carefully described on that page(section Emergency firmware update procedure).
Please check which version of dozer you have cause sometimes Customers mess speaker hole with reset hole ;-)
http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/

Unread 10/12/2017, 03:19 PM   #958
erik2302
Registered Member

Yeah it gets a random amount of bytes complete then fails...so it's connecting.

I've been following the steps on the page, I've repeated steps 4-7 about 100 times and it's never gotten to the end. Sometimes it fails right away other times it fails like 90% of the way done.

Unread 10/13/2017, 10:47 AM   #959
erik2302
Registered Member

Wellll, support just hit me with the typical "Are you using a 100m Bluetooth dongle."

Unread 10/13/2017, 12:12 PM   #960
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Erik,
Please send me email directly cause I don't get anything from you so it's hard to comment anything now.
Or you are the same Bryan which I talked today and that case is already solved ;-)

Regards

Przemek

Unread 10/14/2017, 12:39 PM   #961
gazr82
Registered Member

kore 5th dose. pain is a bit of a let down tbh i expected better bugs need fixing.

it never shows anything right never mind the time on every page you have to press read for it to show. this loser has some features but i think it isn't very accurate and programming especially when your not used to it is a complete nightmare and when you have a tank full of sps etc it could be lethal if your not familiar with it.there is absolutely no need for there to be these issues with it i really wish i didn't sell my apex dos now now that was reliable and easy to adjust.

gazr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 01:45 PM   #962
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@gazr82
I'm sorry that I missed your post - if you still experienced any problems please contact with our technical support. I'm 100% sure that our service will explain you everything and help you founding source ion your troubles.

Hello
We are glad to inform that there is new, long waited update for Kore 5th working under Mac OS X.
Some Customers reported troubles with data refreshing or problems with precise calibration.
Now application for Mac OS X support latest mechanism for pump calibration included previously in Android/Windows app(which make calibration process extra easy and very precise).
That version of software require latest firmware(available on our website - www.Pacific-Sun.eu ) which make this compatible also with Android devices and latest Windows app.

Link to latest Mac OS X app:
http://www.Pacific-Sun.eu/pliki/Kore5th_1.7a.zip

Update firmware can be performed under Windows/Mac and Android device(yes, you can update firmware on dozer also using your phone ;-)
http://pacific-sun.eu/download/

Some screenshots:

That firmware is last before huge update firmware which will work also on newest Kore 7th and kHLab(but also with Cube - so iOS app for Kore 5th/7th should be released publicly very soon).

Unread 11/04/2017, 05:57 PM   #963
truepercs
Registered Member

Prezemek,

A little feedback...
I have been using the doser for a while now. If I do not touch anything it has been fine, I am glad there is a new version available... As I did not even want to calibrate since I had found issues. Some pumps calibrate fine, then others you find a glitch in software that did not allow the calibration to be stopped once it started. I have avoided any changes at all costs, rather than calibrate I have been just upping or lowering the dosage to keep my aquarium levels stable. I have even experienced issues when trying to save, sometimes several saves are required before the software actually retains the new value. With that said... once the doser is where you want it, it remains stable and I have only had to change due to consumption rates.

I want to upgrade to the next version, my tank is running smooth and the thought of running into issues frightens me (OK not frighten but concerns me). However, I really want to use the doser in the manner that it was intended. I am currently using a MAC and have contemplated picking up a new Android based tablet due to the issues I had found.

Kore 5th support has been very good when I had issues so I am continuing to use the product as I believe that if ever the software issues can be ironed out it is definitely a nice product. I wish that more testing was done beforehand, some of these issues are not very deep and even basic testing should have uncovered the issues that I have come across.

I am going to upgrade but my plan is to start early in the day If I run into issues at least I will have several hours to address before having to manually dose. (I really hope this does not happen.... arghh.

Downloading tonight...

I hope to provide favorable comments on the upgrades!

-Ed

Unread 11/04/2017, 06:29 PM   #964
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hello
Thank you for your feedback.
Actual, newest version which offer new type of calibration(but not only that) was tested for a long time by closed group of users (in different platforms - Mac, Android, Windows ).
All of that Customers confirmed that if they had any troubles with very precise pumps calibration on previous software/firmware - all that problems gone after latest update.
We improved also stability and overall communication profiles(a specially on Mac/iMac).
We spent a lot of time on firmware/software improvements and I think that we can say that now its working very, very well.
I hope that you will like new calibration procedures but also all other things included in new revision.
If you will need any technical assistance please let us know - we will be happy to help you with anything.

Best regards

Przemek

Unread 11/04/2017, 06:54 PM   #965
truepercs
Registered Member

Przemek,

Sounds good...

Thank you,

-Ed

Unread 11/05/2017, 03:24 PM   #966
PeteStewardson
Registered Member

I've been away all week so went to check the KH on my tank today only to find it had dropped massively. Interestingly as some SPS have lost colour this week as well. So I look and notice the dosing containers are massively different, 2 containers empty and two with quite a bit left.

Try to connect to the Kore5th, nothing. So pull it out of the cabinet only to discover a blank LCD!

Tried power cycling it, 'Bootloader ready' shows briefly then the screen clears and stay blank.

So my KH is massively down due to not dosing enough of two parts of the Triton elements, but would seem to have dosed ALL of the other two.

So it looks like the Kore5th is knackered. Great!

PeteStewardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2017, 04:29 PM   #967
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Pete
Kore 5th like all our other devices have battery backup which keep data in memory for 3-6 months(depending from battery lifetime).
Something like you told can't did by it self - I suggest contact with service and send them memory backup of your dozer, they will be able to tell you much more whats happened.
I don't know which version of firmware you had etc but Kore 5th is really widely used by us on our frag tanks or by many, many other Customers worldwide.
Im sorry to hear about that whats happened - I tried to find your last post on that thread (without success on last pages). Maybe you tried to perform firmware update to latest one in that days? We can check it on memory backup, please contact with our service directly(if you not did it actually - cause I can't see any email from you sent to our technical support).
Thank you!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/05/2017, 06:08 PM   #968
truepercs
Registered Member

Firmware Update Software error/ issue... (Mac version Firmware updater)

Had to contact support

Last edited by truepercs; 11/05/2017 at 06:24 PM.
truepercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2017, 03:18 AM   #969
PeteStewardson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
@Pete
Kore 5th like all our other devices have battery backup which keep data in memory for 3-6 months(depending from battery lifetime).
Something like you told can't did by it self - I suggest contact with service and send them memory backup of your dozer, they will be able to tell you much more whats happened.
I don't know which version of firmware you had etc but Kore 5th is really widely used by us on our frag tanks or by many, many other Customers worldwide.
Im sorry to hear about that whats happened - I tried to find your last post on that thread (without success on last pages). Maybe you tried to perform firmware update to latest one in that days? We can check it on memory backup, please contact with our service directly(if you not did it actually - cause I can't see any email from you sent to our technical support).
Thank you!

Regards

Przemek
I've not tried any updates, and I assure you this did happen exactly as I said.

I'll contact support, but I expect I'll get the usual rubbish about BT dongles even though I haven't done anything with it.

Pete

Unread 11/06/2017, 09:49 AM   #970
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Pete
It's hard for me to discus about that - I can only use arguments based on our support experience collected within last three years (since Kore 5th are manufactured and 9 years since we started using Bluetooth devices in our products).
I 100% sure that problem is not sourced by bug in firmware/software because if it would be - that issue should be replicated on each other device and very often reported to service.
If you feel that maybe something wrong happened with mainboard/hardware - our support can check it, but again - it's rather issue related to this exact unit not series/whole product at all.
Kore 5th save several informations in his memory(after latest firmware update even reports about power failures, broken connections etc) so our service can diagnose that kind of issues and send detailed report why and whats happened.
Kore 5th is more advanced and complicated product than other dosing stations(like Jebao, ATI or Kamoer) so % possibility that something can be wrong is higher than in device with four buttons and without additional modules / included options.
We are sorry to hear that you noticed that trouble but if you will give us a chance our support will check it carefully and bring your dosing station to live again.
Thank you for your support!

Regards

Przemek

Unread 11/06/2017, 10:27 AM   #971
PeteStewardson
Registered Member

Przemek,

I was sent instructions to restore firmware on my Kore5th but not given any instructions on how to get logs/data from the unit. Anyway after trying countless times with CRC errors I got the Kore5th updated to the latest firmware. So eventually we got there.

I went to test with a manual dose and noticed the motors all running at different noises and speeds. Even with no heads on they all ran very differently. With heads it's also clear. I reset to defaults to see if it was a calibration issue but that hasn't changed anything.

To me it looks like I would need to change all 5 heads and motors ( one motor doesn't turn and the shaft is rusted. ) which is pretty much the price of a new Kore5th. I'm not sure I'd trust calibration to bring these into line. Based on the issues I've seen in the past I'm very reluctant to do that honestly and spend so much money on getting it working again.

Pete

EDIT: Oh but... just to add, since updating to the latest firmware, the connection over bluetooth on my mac is 100% better. It does actually connect every time so far. So well done on sorting that.

Unread 11/06/2017, 12:21 PM   #972
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Pete
If you are getting CRC errors I'm 100% sure that you don't use proper bluetooth (proper - mean strong enough - Class 1 or Class 2). You are using built into laptop module which is Class 4(every saving) and it will work without any CRC errors during dozer programing(sometimes it can send "strange" data - like lost packets on TCP/IP network) but definitely it will generate CRC errors during firmware update where big packets of data have to be transmitted without any errors.
Are you using Mac or Windows for firmware update ? If its Mac - it's iMac?
If yes - cause it using the same Bluetooth module for communication with peripheral devices and mouse/keyboard - until you are not using second bluetooth module - you shouldn't use mouse/keyboard during firmware update because it will break communication with dozer... Yeah, that's very strange but I'm using iMac also and I noticed it several time until I found a source of that CRC errors on iMac.
I see your update about Mac - all Apple computer have good quality Texas Instruments Bluetooth module which have 100mW output power(Class 1). The same about iMacs.
We improved communication protocols on latest firmware so now its working much, much better and I can't find any active issue reports now..
If your motors head rusted it mean that you have too high humidity in dozer environment (not properly ventilated cabinet). We have several units in shops where humidity is really very high and until dozer is not directly splashed by water or not closed in cabinet without ventilation - they are working fine since the beginning.
You can remove plastic heads and simply remove rust from shafts. You can do that using sandpaper. If they rusted on your dozer - it mean that probably all other dozers heads will rust also cause model used by us(pump head and motor) is very popular and used widely.
Regarding the pump speed - be sure that all of them have set the same speed on app.
Im sorry to hear that you noticed some problems in the past - but I can guarantee you that if you are using app and firmware in latest revision and used Bluetooth module is Class 1/Class 2 (very easy to buy on any plac) if your computer doesn't have it built in solve all problems sourced with communication.
All other things like calibration, alarms, dosing , precision - are sorted and I can guarantee you that dozer is very precise and work well.
If you need any additional troubleshooting support please let our service know.
Thank you.

Regards

Przemek

PS. If you are using Windows based app simply generate .mbf file (memory backup file) and send it to our service - they will diagnose it. Generating that kind of file under Mac OS is actually not possible(but we should release new version soon which will have that option included).

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 11/06/2017 at 12:28 PM.
Unread 11/06/2017, 12:33 PM   #973
PeteStewardson
Registered Member

I'm using a MacBook Pro so the BT module is not an issue. I also don't use any other BT devices connected to it. This is confirmed now the new firmware is on there and the connection seems rock solid.

On the motors, only one motor is rusted, and it's actually jammed completely so will not turn, so not just a case of sanding the rust from the shaft. It's also the only one that has corroded, the others are perfectly clean so I don't see it being humidity. Also nothing else in the cabinet is an issue.

The other 4 motors all run at different speeds and that is with the same setting in the app. Like I say it seems like the motors are all so far different and this may even explain the issues I had with constantly having to recalibrate as the motors drifted further and further apart. The heads also seem to not all turn the same so putting each head on the same motor it seems to give a different result.

So other than replacing all 5 motors and all 5 heads I can't see how this can be used at all.

Unread 11/06/2017, 03:08 PM   #974
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Please contact with our service - if your doser is on warranty any faulty parts will be replaced.
What about tunings and rollers ? They wear during the time and like all similar parts sometimes need to be replaced with new one (tunings , rollers - not motor)
How long you use them ?

Unread 11/06/2017, 03:30 PM   #975
PeteStewardson
Registered Member

It will be out of warranty, I think I've had it for 2 years, but not used it most of that time as I had so much trouble getting it set up. It ran for nearly 12 months away from the tank just dosing RO on test trying to get it set up. I thought I'd got it sorted, trust it, and then this.

Honestly I thought it was just software that was the problem and was waiting for one day you to update it so it would work as the HW looks so good. But the Doser itself seems to have given up just as you possibly get that sorted

Tags
junk trash