Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/16/2018, 02:05 PM   #1
nstieg88
Registered Member

Hippo Tang in QT

Hi to keep this short. Brought home new Hippo Tang its a small one about 2 inches total length. After a week in QT noticed what I believe is Ich. I dont have copper test kit or Cupramine. I do however have a bottle of Rid Ich

http://www.kordon.com/kordon/product...ctions-for-use!

I have not seen this talked about as its effectiveness just the main ingredient as a dip. Any advice on continueing with this treatment is worth it. I would be willing to do Hyposalinity as its a small 10g QT if i run with my refractometer at 11ppt then even with evap should only reach 12ppt from morning until the evening when i top off. Advice would be appriciated.

have attached pic in word doc below in case i am completely wrong.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (97.4 KB, 1 views)
nstieg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 02:36 PM   #2
OhsCC
Registered Member

This will answer all of your questions.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1992196

Most believe these "cure" ich products do not work in the long run.

OhsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/16/2018, 02:46 PM   #3
nstieg88
Registered Member

I had read this and it did not mention Rid Ich. So I assume you are stating that it does not work. I was asking because of formalin dips and such as it is the main ingredient. So when I get home I think i will be trying hypo salinity and taking it down to 11PPT. Is it ok to goto 10PPT so that through evap I wont hit 12PPT. I have my own 6 stage RODI so i am not worried about input water at all. Along with hypo salinity is it recommended for higher or lower temperature.

Unread 02/16/2018, 03:18 PM   #4
nstieg88
Registered Member

Also I just setup this QT a week ago so i am watching all the peram's testing 2x a day morning and night. I do not have an ATO for QT and also didn't pay attention and is has a sand bed. Do i need to remove Sand bed or can i go HYPO and just throw it all away after i do a full 8 week hypo treatment.

Unread 02/17/2018, 09:51 AM   #5
JustinM
Registered Member

Rid Ich will not work. It contains Formalin but nothing to help with Ich. Sand will be ok with Hypo.

JustinM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/22/2018, 06:02 PM   #6
nstieg88
Registered Member

Is going to 10ppt ok as I do not have ATO. So through evap it will go up to 11PPT. Also just checked my Salinity is at 30ppt right now all the ich spots seem to be gone since I was using rid ich for a week. how long should I take to drop into hypo and how long should I run it tank like this. I have to have the fish cured before April 1 as i leave on a business trip and dont have anyone who will know what to do other than feed my fish.

Unread 02/24/2018, 03:22 PM   #7
nstieg88
Registered Member

We can end thread. I posted new question on Hypo treatment as that is the route I have decided to go.