Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/04/2016, 10:47 PM   #26
alexkharden
Registered Member

Updates come slower these days, lol. Ammonia is finally at zero, and nitrites are high high, so we're progressing through the cycle

One of the gorgonians is dead, it was the one are wasn't handling any of the stress very well.

I built a trap for the mantis shrimp, and baited it with silversides, but it didn't appear to have a taste for those, so I guess I'll have to look for a different bait.

I tried to set up the ATO, but it almost ended in disaster as a back siphon started and it kept going even after I unplugged it. I ordered another solenoid and an outlet splitter. I figure I'll plug both the solenoid and the Tom's into the outlet splitter, then there will be enough watts on that plug to put it on any EB8 outlet. The watts will make it reliably shut off, and the solenoid will stop any backsiphoning.

Everything else seems to be progressing nicely and all tank inhabitants seem to be healthy and happy

alexkharden is offline   Reply With Quote