Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/24/2017, 08:25 AM   #101
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I run mine at about a 30 degree upward angle and about 8" above the sand. For anyone who has sand, just be careful as sand in the pump will damage the bearing, it is only a few dollars to replace but it means downtime as the pump won't run with a damaged bearing.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2017, 10:24 AM   #102
Novorc
Registered Member

RSR 425xl

Hello. Would one Stream 3 be ok with the Red Sea Reefer 425XL or two please? The overflow is in the centre of the back glass, so should I put it/ them on th stank end vertically. Thank you

Novorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2017, 11:29 AM   #103
rvitko
RC Sponsor

What are the dimensions and volume?

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 04/04/2018, 05:44 PM   #104
mike810
Registered Member

I have a tank that is 8x3x2 tall. Can I place two of these on the back wall facing each other for alternating gyre flow? I'd like to try and keep powerheads off the side glass of my tank. Right. Ow I have 4x mp40qd and 2x 6255 tunze on the back wall. The four MPs cause an odd flow front to back and is a little much for any lps close to the front which is where I keep all of them. So I have to turn them down real low which sacrifices flow for my acros.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2018, 10:05 AM   #105
rvitko
RC Sponsor

While it would be possible, the flow deflector sacrifices about 1ft of reach. On my tank I tried exactly what you want to do, it is 6ft. The flow was a trickle after 5ft. Without the deflector and positioned on the side, I get 6ft plus a foot of roll around on the other side. The deflector diffuses the flow.

Unread 09/29/2018, 04:46 PM   #106
billyzbear
Registered Member

Hello, I'm thinking of setting up my 150g up again. It's 6'x2'x20" high. I have a center overflow that it external. I have a tunze wavebox, I think it's the 6215. I was thinking of getting one of these stream 3's. I was thinking placement would be about middle back wall pointed away from wavebox that is in the left back corner. About 6" or so from bottom pointed slightly up. Would this be enough flow with just the two pumps? Return is right corner pointed down about 1200 gph. I have no sand, some rock but open lay out. And how should I control it? I do have an older 7095.

billyzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2018, 09:54 AM   #107
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It could be depending on what you keep, it is generally best practice to have two pumps and change up the flow direction so the corals grow evenly instead of looking somewhat "wind swept" to one side. With the wave box though and the return, it would be enough flow for most corals.

Unread 10/01/2018, 08:25 PM   #108
billyzbear
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.
Ramp up and down at a different time than wavebox?
I really don't need a bigger wave. I powered the wavebox less than half.
I have to say I really like the wavebox and the effect it causes. Debris would lift up. The stream 3 looks amazing as well. With a 6' tank it should be able to create a gyre effect all the way around?

Unread 10/02/2018, 09:52 AM   #109
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The wave box will just continue to do its thing, the 6150 would be used to produce a gyre. I have a 6ft by 2ft by 28" tank, since I changed to the flow rectifiers and this is by sight of the surface movement only, I have not added any beads or anything, but the flow goes down 6ft, and wraps around and comes back 2ft+ on the other side. I use 2 6055's on one end and 2 6150's on the other and alternate them so left front 6055 is on and right rear 6150 and they alternate every 6 hours, the 6055 further boosts the flow on the other side down the rest of the 6ft.

Unread 10/02/2018, 11:12 AM   #110
billyzbear
Registered Member

Sounds like I should plan to have atleast one or two more powerheads.

Unread 10/02/2018, 01:24 PM   #111
rvitko
RC Sponsor

No wave box was a compromise I had to make to keep the wife happy since it is in the living room. If I had a wave box, I would just use 2 6150's.