Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/02/2016, 09:41 AM   #1
4reason
Registered Member

Powerbar 5.1 vs Powerhub-6D-PAB

So aside from socket vs terminal connections and 5 vs 6 switchable channels, are there any other functional/operational differences between the Powerbar and the Powerhub?

4reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Jerel
Registered Member

I believe the 6D-PAB has been discontinued or unless you can still find one new/used.

Unread 09/02/2016, 01:36 PM   #3
4reason
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerel View Post
I believe the 6D-PAB has been discontinued or unless you can still find one new/used.
Jerel, I think you are referring to the old Powerbar 6D-PAB, which is discontinued. I'm curious about the Powerhub which is a DIN rail mount version of the Powerbar. GHL has them for sale on their website. Or are they discontinued as well?

Unread 09/02/2016, 09:48 PM   #4
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

The powerhub 6D-PAB is still in production.

Between the PB5.1 and the Powerhub, these are two separate devices which are used for different purposes. The GHL website has the info on both these products.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/03/2016, 08:47 AM   #5
4reason
Registered Member

The GHL website is actually where I started but the description for the Powerhub is on the brief side.

"The digital switching module Power Hub–6D–PAB for ProfiLux 3 / 3.1 A / N / T (Ex) is addressed to professional users and primarily designed for use in control cabinets.

The digital switching module Power Hub–6D–PAB is addressed to professional users and primarily designed for use in control cabinets.

6 circuits can be switched independently, all channels are electrically isolated and switch up to 10 A / 240 VAC.

The device is designed for DIN rail mounting and offers screw terminals for the power supply (90 – 240 V, 50/60 Hz) and for relay connections.

Connected to PAB-Port of the ProfiLux. Daisy-chainable.

Maximum current in total / per socket: — / 15 A

Dimensions (LxWxH): 210 x 92 x 60 mm"

I guess specifically what I was hoping to find out on the Powerhub is if power consumption is measurable on individual channels and if firmware is upgradable? Haven't been able to find either of these points addressed anywhere, which could be my answer.

Unread 09/03/2016, 10:50 AM   #6
4reason
Registered Member

Firmware can be updated

Unread 09/06/2016, 06:52 AM   #7
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

Both devices are capable of monitoring power usage.

Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2016, 09:05 AM   #8
4reason
Registered Member

Awesome, thanks Vinny. Hope MACNA goes great!

Unread 03/12/2018, 09:21 AM   #9
fionaan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reason View Post
Jerel, I think you are referring to the old Powerbar 6D-PAB, which is discontinued. I'm curious about the Powerhub which is a DIN rail mount version of the Powerbar. GHL has them for sale on their website. Or are they discontinued as well?
I find one new

fionaan is offline   Reply With Quote