Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/23/2012, 01:09 PM   #76
NoobtoSalt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoriarty View Post
I just read through this whole thread. A ways back you got upset because someone else wanted to take over the sea horses and now you are thinking about selling them? Just trying to give you perspective on your own posts.

They should not be to much more care then any of your other salt water tanks, I say stick with it and just figure out the cycle. Do not worry about trying to raise the fry, just keep at it with the horses. You have the chance to keep some very rare and special animals that many people would never get the chance to do.

You are already at the advantage of having sea horses that eat frozen food, if nothing else that right there would be enough to make me keep at it. Would you honestly rather sell them to someone else who in the end cares for them improperly and ends up killing them?

At least you have shown that you want to care for them, every post I have read shows that. I say stick to it, try the best you can to deal with it, and if nothing else try to stress out less about the little guys. If water changes are to much try doing WC's using the water from your SPS tank, I am sure it is fairly clean and it would help you do less work and save you money. Some people may not advise it because of the potential for pathogens, but then again your horses were WC anyways so what could it hurt at this point.

Keep at it you can do it.
Its more of a time/money thing right now. I wasn't planning on setting up a new tank to begin with and i need to spend my time with the family. I didn't know who dan underwood was at the time of the post. Thanks for the cheerleading rally but i think I've made my mind up and am really hoping someone can successfully breed them since they are already on their second brood. I'm not just going to let them go to anyone i want to be able to follow them and maybe get a fry or two down the road

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NoobtoSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2012, 11:32 AM   #77
David Thomson
Registered Member

Did you end up selling the pair?

David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/31/2012, 01:19 PM   #78
NoobtoSalt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thomson View Post