Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 10/08/2010, 12:24 AM   #26
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Just a few shoots taken tonight... a pair of them from the right side of the tank and the other pair from the left side of the tank. and the last one just for the heck of it!!!!








sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2010, 01:21 AM   #27
rogerwilco357
Registered Member
 
rogerwilco357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,408
awesome tank and setup you should be proud. I love the placement of your tanks corals and the pics themselves what software do you use to watermark your pics .. i need to learn how to do that too..
Roger


__________________
hook line and sinker

Current Tank Info: 2x2x4 120gal,sump45 gal.RKE controller,ATI Powermodule 8x80watt,1MP20+2MP40,1 mp10,RoyalExclusive Alpha200
rogerwilco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2010, 05:18 AM   #28
upsetter
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Gainesville,FL
Posts: 295
Really super nice!! How high are your lights -- bulb to water line and what/frequency are u feeding? Great coloration. Keep it up


__________________
"Life without music, ham and eggs would be a
mistake"--Nietzsche

Current Tank Info: 125 AO 48x30x20 Some ham & 2 eggs
upsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2010, 11:56 AM   #29
adddo
“Goodnight, tiny humans.”
 
adddo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,013
Magnificent!!


__________________
If Pacman had affected us as kids, then we'd all be running around in a dark room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music

//Bjarne
adddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2010, 01:27 PM   #30
kaserpick
Keeping it Simple
 
kaserpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 2,639
Thank you for sharing such an awesome tank! It's very inspiring. I love the aquascape, placement and colors of the corals. In particular, that orange M. Digitata has some awesome green in it!

I like how your setup is relatively simple. It just goes to show that you don't need too many additives and hi-tech equipment; good husbandry is what counts. Great work!

Please send us more pics; they're amazing too! Also, I've gotta ask: Can we see FTS's of the all three sides. Peninsulas are great for showing off so many angles of the coral. It feels like you have two tanks.


__________________
Kasey

Current Tank Info: None
kaserpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/2010, 06:06 PM   #31
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwilco357 View Post
awesome tank and setup you should be proud. I love the placement of your tanks corals and the pics themselves what software do you use to watermark your pics .. i need to learn how to do that too..
Roger
Thanks Roger!! I use photoshop to add the watermark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsetter View Post
Really super nice!! How high are your lights -- bulb to water line and what/frequency are u feeding? Great coloration. Keep it up
Thanks upsetter!! the lights are about 12" from the water, the fish gets fed multiple times a day it turn the corals gets fed multiple times a day, i also add some oyster egg and nutra-plus twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adddo View Post
Magnificent!!
Thanks adddo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaserpick View Post
Thank you for sharing such an awesome tank! It's very inspiring. I love the aquascape, placement and colors of the corals. In particular, that orange M. Digitata has some awesome green in it!

I like how your setup is relatively simple. It just goes to show that you don't need too many additives and hi-tech equipment; good husbandry is what counts. Great work!

Please send us more pics; they're amazing too! Also, I've gotta ask: Can we see FTS's of the all three sides. Peninsulas are great for showing off so many angles of the coral. It feels like you have two tanks.
Thanks kaserpick!! your absolutely correct a good and stable husbandry is definitely one of the key for the success of this system.

More pictures coming soon.


sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 11:24 AM   #32
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
my first crack at top down shot above the water..... the pictures was taken in the middle of water change under actinic lights only....








sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 11:54 AM   #33
Highlandjedi
Registered Member
 
Highlandjedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wilmington NC
Posts: 26
love the photos man, keep up the good work


Highlandjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 12:00 PM   #34
kaserpick
Keeping it Simple
 
kaserpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 2,639
Awesome pics! The colors look great on all the corals, but those Digitatas are awesome! If you can't tell, I'm a bit crazy for the digi's.


__________________
Kasey

Current Tank Info: None
kaserpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 12:40 PM   #35
Dustin1300
Reefaholic
 
Dustin1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 5,148
Beautiful tank. My only question is....Where is the center overflow?


Dustin1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 10:19 PM   #36
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlandjedi View Post
love the photos man, keep up the good work
Thanks Highlandjedi!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaserpick View Post
Awesome pics! The colors look great on all the corals, but those Digitatas are awesome! If you can't tell, I'm a bit crazy for the digi's.
Thanks kaserpick!!! some people are call car crazy, your just digitata crazy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1300 View Post
Beautiful tank. My only question is....Where is the center overflow?
Thanks Dustin1300!!! my overflow is all the way in the other end of the tank..


sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2010, 10:32 PM   #37
Jeffie
Registered Member
 
Jeffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,190
Very nice! Will follow this one. Looking forward to what this looks like when it grows out!


Jeffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2010, 02:30 AM   #38
CeeGee
Registered Member
 
CeeGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 3,329
Looks real good!


__________________
My algae WAS special.

Current Tank Info: 75 gallon display, 40 gallon breeder sump, RLSS R6i, ATI Powermodule, Apex, Ecotech MP40's
CeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2010, 07:37 AM   #39
Dustin1300
Reefaholic
 
Dustin1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 5,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet ride View Post
Thanks Dustin1300!!! my overflow is all the way in the other end of the tank..
Makes sense...I just read in your original post that this is center overflow and thought I could make it out in the picture but was not for sure.

I aspire to have a tank this beautiful. Great job for only a year out...My new tank is only a few months in and grow out is good...I just don't have your camera/video skills.


Dustin1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 08:04 PM   #40
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
Very nice! Will follow this one. Looking forward to what this looks like when it grows out!
Thanks Jeffie!!! I also can't wait to see it grow out!!!! cross my fingers no more hiccups with the tank!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
Looks real good!
Thanks CeeGee!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1300 View Post
Makes sense...I just read in your original post that this is center overflow and thought I could make it out in the picture but was not for sure.

I aspire to have a tank this beautiful. Great job for only a year out...My new tank is only a few months in and grow out is good...I just don't have your camera/video skills.
your to kind Dustin!!!!!

it seems like your also in the right direction with your tank, congrats!!!!! the skills that your looking for can be had with practice!!!!


sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 08:09 PM   #41
reefinder
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 452
looks great, nice job!


reefinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 08:18 PM   #42
RBGreef
Moved On
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
How do you keep your sand so clean? No hermits?


RBGreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 09:17 PM   #43
Stanley-Reefer
Registered Member
 
Stanley-Reefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stanley, NC
Posts: 2,009
Love it....all these peninsula tanks is making me want one!!!!!!!!!!


Stanley-Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2010, 09:22 PM   #44
chefzif
Registered Member
 
chefzif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stow,Ohio
Posts: 1,663
Happy Thankgiving Sweet Ride Eh! My wife is Canadian! The tank is spectacular! Great Job! Viva la Canadian!


chefzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2010, 04:15 PM   #45
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefinder View Post
looks great, nice job!
Thanks reefinder!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBGreef View Post
How do you keep your sand so clean? No hermits?
lots of nassarius, a pair of clown fish and a couple of wrasse does the trick for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley-Reefer View Post
Love it....all these peninsula tanks is making me want one!!!!!!!!!!
thanks Stanley-Reefer!!!! just remember once you go peninsula you dont go back!!!! the only down side if there is any is instead of cleaning in my case 5ft viewing glass it's now a 10ft viewing glass that i have to clean.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefzif View Post
Happy Thankgiving Sweet Ride Eh! My wife is Canadian! The tank is spectacular! Great Job! Viva la Canadian!
thanks chefzif!!! oh and belated happy Canadian thanks giving to you and your wife as well.....


sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2010, 08:13 AM   #46
wakeboardgeek
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern Maryland
Posts: 375
How do you hide your powerheads? Are they all on one side of the tank?


wakeboardgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2010, 07:52 PM   #47
teo reef
Aquascaping geek
 
teo reef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 157
Beautiful reef tank and fantastic aquascaping!!


__________________
*October 2009 TOTM*
teo reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2010, 05:28 AM   #48
zaheda
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 674
Can it be the bio pellets that giving those lovely colours? I must say you hace one beautiful tank. Everyone strives for the best colours and your tank has that. Ok and you doing it with just 2 x 250w metal halides.


zaheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2010, 08:56 PM   #49
sweet ride
Registered Member
 
sweet ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardgeek View Post
How do you hide your powerheads? Are they all on one side of the tank?
they are not hidden at all, i wish i could make them disappear. i have 4 Korella evo 4 in the overflow side and 2 tunze 6045 and the return on the other side of the tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teo reef View Post
Beautiful reef tank and fantastic aquascaping!!
thanks for the complement teo reef!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheda View Post
Can it be the bio pellets that giving those lovely colours? I must say you hace one beautiful tank. Everyone strives for the best colours and your tank has that. Ok and you doing it with just 2 x 250w metal halides.
thanks for the complement zaheda!!! i would have to say the bio pellets is just one part of it, balance and stable system is the key. as per the lighting I've added 2 T5HO actinics a few months ago, and on the same note I've also reduced the MH lighting time from 8 hours to 6 hours. and the actinics only run before and after the mh. I've also seen some color improvement after the change happened.


sweet ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2010, 11:04 AM   #50
REEF SMAC
Registered Member
 
REEF SMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Salinas CA
Posts: 875
Very beautiful job on the tank and the photos.


REEF SMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquascaping, corals, peninsula, reef, sps

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What powerheads for a 75 gallon softie? Roblox84 Soft Coral Keepers 10 07/22/2010 03:21 PM
free 110 gallon tall aquarium tank 48X30X18 reef live sand available ocjay Southern California Reefers 1 02/07/2010 10:30 PM
Sand Maintenance In Reef Tank SchmittyG New to the Hobby 30 01/18/2010 11:28 AM
75 Gallon Peninsula Reef-Light Fixture help! jtgrimes Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment 0 12/30/2009 10:00 PM
160 gallon peninsula reef build tangers Reef Discussion 159 12/10/2009 06:00 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 AM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright ©1999-2014