Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/20/2017, 06:32 PM   #1
Cope2013
Registered Member

Attention please

6 years ago I started my first reef tank 46gal bowfront, 20gal sump all the goodies a nice learning tank to show the cycles. Over the years we've added, subtracted and replaced equiptment to better fit our needs. Starting with a T5 lighting setup, swapping to a halide with t5s and now we have just bought a drilled 65gal setup with alot of extras that a guy fell out of love with. The question I'm wanting to know is what are the options for new more efficient technology LED, I've been researching but $800 is not what I'm looking for, I am looking for a nice adjustable setup that can handle color changes, well built and long lasting. What options are the best to go with for longevity and the spectrums I'm wanting to really make my coral grow? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Cope2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2017, 09:03 PM   #2
Percula9
Registered Member

Two fluval full spectrum led lights would run you about $400.They come with a remote control that you can ramp up.For a 65 gal reef tank would work well.

Percula9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2017, 09:32 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

What are the dimensions of the new tank? Also, what kind of corals are you intending to keep?

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/23/2017, 10:02 PM   #4
Cope2013
Registered Member

37x19x25 are the dimensions of the tank via Google (I'm not sure on actual measurements just yet). The corals I'm wanting to grow wouldn't need a incredible amount of light I'm not into SPS coral so basically anything from Xenia, mushrooms, polyps, LPS and other soft corals but if Id like to have the light if I ever needed more intensity. I'll have to look at the fluvals I don't think I've researched them, I've been looking at Kessil but I don't know if 1 360 would do the job or if I'd need 2 160s I know they have a great warranty plan and I'm looking for a good product that will last but I know there are other options besides kessil, I've also looked at the Maxspect rzr but I want to know for sure before I spend the close to $500, I appreciate the fast comments I couldn't find my post in the forum so I'm slow at replying, any help is appreciated

Cope2013 is offline   Reply With Quote