Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 11/19/2013, 06:35 AM   #1
ilikefish34
Registered Member

Jebao WP-40 for a 210

The 210 is a around the corner and I want to make sure that I have enough flow for it. I have 2 Jebao WP-40's for the DT and an Eheim 1262 (chosen for quietness in the living room) for the return.

The tank is 72x24x28 with 350 lb. of live rock and will be a mixed reef with a fairly heavy fish load. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

ilikefish34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2013, 06:47 AM   #2
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Two Jebao 40s should be fine. You may decide to also put a 25 along the back wall, but then maybe not. I'm using two Vortech 40's in my 265, with a Jebao 25 along the back, and flow is more than enough.

ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2013, 09:08 AM   #3
ilikefish34
Registered Member

Thanks ca1ore... I do have a couple koralia pumps that I was thinking about using for that purpose (I should have put that in the post).

BTW, you've chimed in on quite a few of my threads and have helped answer several of my questions. Sharing your opinions and experiences has been greatly appreciated.

Mike

Old 11/24/2013, 12:21 PM   #4
ilikefish34
Registered Member

giving it a bump to see if there are any other thoughts or suggestions.

Old 11/24/2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Recliner
Registered Member

What are you planning on having in the tank? I agree with the 2 wp40s and an extra wp25 to target any low flow area you might have.

Recliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2013, 12:28 PM   #6
DavidinGA
Registered Member

I have the same tank and the same 3 pumps and love my setup. In fact I have the two WP40'S dialed down viay Reef Angel because it's too much flow for my oolite sand.

Current tank: 6ft 210gal SPS, 3~eBay led boxes, 4~80w T5's, sro3000int, RW20's, Reef Angel, reactors, pumps, rocks, sand, yadda yadda yadda...
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2013, 09:01 AM   #7
ilikefish34
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recliner View Post
What are you planning on having in the tank? I agree with the 2 wp40s and an extra wp25 to target any low flow area you might have.
For me, the mixed reef will have some softies, a bit more LPS and SPS. The fish load will be heavy with the bulk made up of some Tangs and a harem of Anthias that will, hopefully, appreciate the flow.

Thank you David and good point about the oolite because I will have the same, or similarly sized, substrate in my DT as well.

Old 11/25/2013, 09:26 AM   #8
1fishkeeper
Registered Member

I have two of them in my 190 and I have some great flow. Maybe when everything grows in a a couple of years I might have to add a small one where it might have lower flow.

Old 11/25/2013, 10:15 AM   #9
DavidinGA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikefish34 View Post
For me, the mixed reef will have some softies, a bit more LPS and SPS. The fish load will be heavy with the bulk made up of some Tangs and a harem of Anthias that will, hopefully, appreciate the flow.

Thank you David and good point about the oolite because I will have the same, or similarly sized, substrate in my DT as well.

You definitely will not need more than two WP40'S then lol

Current tank: 6ft 210gal SPS, 3~eBay led boxes, 4~80w T5's, sro3000int, RW20's, Reef Angel, reactors, pumps, rocks, sand, yadda yadda yadda...
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2013, 08:55 PM   #10
Timber77
Registered Member

i ran 2 in a 4x4 x3 tank for 7 months and then added 2 more, have them running different modes on the reef angel, seems to really get the gunk from collecting on the bottom much better now and skimmer is working better. 2 is probably enough for your tank, but 2 more allows for more directed flow , probably depends more on how your rock work is laid out. they are pretty amazing little pumps.

Timber77 is offline   Reply With Quote