Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/17/2019, 08:36 AM   #1
upthehill
Registered Member

Central Air and Heat in Fishroom

Hello,
been out of the game for a while and I'm starting to get the itch again.. Currently just in research mode..
The house we live in did not have central air and heat when we bought it. We will be putting that in this spring. top of the line system with every gadget you can think of. one of those things will be an ERV. My future tank build will include a sizable fish room.
SO I have 2 questions

1. Is it ok to tie the fish room into the new HVAC system with a dedicated supply and return? Would the salt air (i know salt evap is minimal) do any damage to the internals of the new system?

2. Would the better option be to only tie in the ERV to the fish room?

As an aside, I'm also researching how these ERV's work.. I mean I know what they do but I dont know how it is tied into the house in places like bathroom fans? Do I have to wire each bathroom switch to the ERV fans and duct bathroom exhaust to the ERV? any general info on the install and operation of the ERVs is appreciated.

upthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2019, 09:15 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Well.. size of tank greatly changes potential answers.. you didn't state that.. (as well as many other variables to even come close to an educated answer vs seat of the pants guesses..)
HOWEVER...
These questions are better asked to your HVAC supplier/system designer..
They will know the load capacities of the specific system they plan on installing and can estimate humidity burdens,etc...