Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/02/2008, 10:57 PM   #101
patedship
Moved On

Okay guys I am just throwing out another update. To date, the rapid recession has stopped, I have noticed very hungry feeders coming out everywhere in my tank since the treatment. But a nice slurry of my homemade food took care of that I am very very very thankful that you suggested this ReefMonger!!!! I am going to start dosing Vitamin C on Wed. and I will keep giving you guys updates thru out the week. Good Luck everyone that is treated your tank, I wish you the same results as myself!

patedship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2008, 11:43 PM   #102
143gadgets
Moved On

Glad that everyones corals are coming back. Never seen or heard anything like this. Hope all goes well.

143gadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/02/2008, 11:58 PM   #103
Justin74
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyO
This is really good stuff. Keep us updated.

I had my doubts that Interceptor would slow or stop the white Bands seen on these corals. I always thought that was a type of Bacteria that was feasting on the coral, or maybe a pathogen, or a mixture of both. But not a Crustacean, which is what Interceptor kills.

Unless Crustaceans are not the only thing Interceptor kills.

Anyone ever take a look at that white Mucus under a microscope?
My sentiments, and questions as well

-Justin

Justin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2008, 01:53 AM   #104
Hogfish77
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by pookstreet
So naturally, my question to the guys having problems, are you feeding your tank enough?
More than enough.

Hogfish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2008, 12:56 PM   #105
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

any one have pictures to follow this would be a great attribute to this thread.. i wanna see the white stripes=)

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/03/2008, 10:13 PM   #106
patedship
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by wishntoboutside
i wanna see the white stripes=)
not in your tank you dont!

Unread 06/03/2008, 10:44 PM   #107
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

so true. i dont want to see in anyones tank let alone mine. i would like to see someone with pictures of this so we can all see it a hmm a reference to look out for.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2008, 08:10 AM   #108
ReefMonger
Registered Member

I dont think I have my pics saved anymore. Ill have to look. The white lines basically look like a real thin mucus white line right at the point of recession. Try to imagine a swarm of locusts munching down crops its kind of like the same thing happening to the LPS with this parasite.

I just obliterated one of my fav echinos. Dropped some crystals on it and sent the whole piece into a burn infused RTN.

How is everyones treatment going?

Current Tank Info: 180 Gal
ReefMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2008, 11:03 AM   #109
WWC
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefMonger
I dont think I have my pics saved anymore. Ill have to look. The white lines basically look like a real thin mucus white line right at the point of recession. Try to imagine a swarm of locusts munching down crops its kind of like the same thing happening to the LPS with this parasite.

I just obliterated one of my fav echinos. Dropped some crystals on it and sent the whole piece into a burn infused RTN.

How is everyones treatment going?
I'm still waiting before I give my opinion.

WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2008, 11:35 AM   #110
ktar
Moved On

that is exactly the white lines that i see on my chalices and acan. some of the lps still has a little on them. i will dose tank with interceptor one more time this weekend but this time 2x the recommended dose and then see if everything else will start to bounce back into shape. but i have to say things are looking much better. My mummy eye might make it after all i have half a mouth left from the colony that receded, it started to take in food yesterday and looks like it has stop receding. My watermelon lobo has seem to look better also. Just some of the micros are not looking to good.

ktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2008, 07:51 AM   #111
Johwak121
Registered Member

I have something similar going on with my LPS in my tank as well! However, mine may be slightly different? It started with a Acan frag then went to my War Coral now is on my Hollywood Stunner chalice! The only difference i see with my coral is that the recession is not fast, at all nothing like a 1/4 to 1/2 flesh a day but im still losing flesh (over a 2-3week period). I have seen patedships tank last week when his was still doing this and mine does not look exactly the same it looks like my coral is burned almost? The coral does have white spots/areas on it, and they are random almost im not sure if i was providing them with way to much direct light or it was my dKH or what. I would like to make sure i have the same problem as everyone on here before i dose with 3X Interceptor. Also i have a serpent star in the tank, he should be fine if i dose with interceptor correct?

Also i have noticed that people that have this "infection" report that their corals wont eat...well mine will..they are still taking food when i target feed them every other night...another reason to believe i may not have this infection

Last edited by Johwak121; 06/05/2008 at 08:26 AM.
Johwak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2008, 07:19 PM   #112
Me No Nemo
Premium Member

Just curious, anyone monitoring their PH for fluctuations? Houses over the past month or so are getting closed up for the summer and although there's lots of speculation regarding CO2 buildup in homes and its effects, might be something to consider as a possible avenue of investigation. Just a thought....

Also, I've got lots of Aussie corals and haven't had any problems with them...I do use Julian Sprungs "Revive" coral dip and feel I have great success with it on many levels. I've had some really sorry looking blastos come in and after treatment they've bounced back nicely. Just another option that may be beneficial. GL all and hope you have success in getting this under control.

“Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest...” ( Dr. Lloyd Biggle Jr.)

"In among the branches of the corals, like birds among trees, floated many beautiful fish, radiant with metallic greens or crimsons...."
J. Beete Jukes 1842-46

Current Tank Info: 215 Oceanic, Dart Pump, Vortech MP 40's, ATI Powermodule 10x80 watts, 46 gallon freshwater planted tank, 3,500+ gallon backyard pond, 12 gallon mantis tank
Me No Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/05/2008, 11:06 PM   #113
patedship
Moved On

ME NO NEMO, what is the Coralvive treatment you are doing? Can you please explain in great detail?

Unread 06/06/2008, 12:53 AM   #114
Pyotale
Registered Member

I believe Revive is a coral medication you use as a bath for about 5minutes. It was shown to have good results on AEFW a while back, may be good for the LPS as well!

Pyotale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2008, 12:21 PM   #115
SaraB
Coral Killer

I too use the Coral Revive Dip on all new LPS:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...m?pcatid=16829

Unread 06/06/2008, 01:51 PM   #116
Me No Nemo
Premium Member

As Sara and Pyotale mentioned above, it's a dip/cleaner for corals. I've had very good luck with it and have been using it for probably over a year now. Just follow the directions for use on the bottle and you should be set.

“Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest...” ( Dr. Lloyd Biggle Jr.)

"In among the branches of the corals, like birds among trees, floated many beautiful fish, radiant with metallic greens or crimsons...."
J. Beete Jukes 1842-46

Current Tank Info: 215 Oceanic, Dart Pump, Vortech MP 40's, ATI Powermodule 10x80 watts, 46 gallon freshwater planted tank, 3,500+ gallon backyard pond, 12 gallon mantis tank
Unread 06/06/2008, 03:26 PM   #117
patedship
Moved On

I use it as well, I was just confused when you said Julian Sprungs "revive" coral dip. I thought it was some sort of cocktail Julian mixes up for dipping.

I have started to dip in a mix of FWE, Coral Revive, and Interceptor. Seems to work out very well.

Unread 06/06/2008, 04:42 PM   #118
pookstreet
Registered Stick Killer

Anyone know how Revive is different from TM Pro Coral Cure or Warner Marine's Coral Conditioner?

Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart - Confucius

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful - John Wooden

Current Tank Info: What's that???
pookstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/06/2008, 07:54 PM   #119
Me No Nemo
Premium Member

TM Pro Coral is an Iodine based treatment where as Revive is a plant extract based treatment that smells very much like Pinesol...so I guess it's a pine oil base with lemon, but don't quote me on that. The Pro Coral Cure is also a great dip, and I use it when I'm cutting corals to prevent bacterial infections, but for general dips I use the Revive. HTH, Marcye

J. Beete Jukes 1842-46

Unread 06/09/2008, 11:54 AM   #120
ReefMonger
Registered Member

Anymore updates from those who did the treatment? Would you call it a success/cure?

Current Tank Info: 180 Gal
ReefMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2008, 08:55 PM   #121
Znut Reefer
Premium Member

Also just curious how is everyones lps recovering??

Znut Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2008, 08:56 PM   #122
JOSE CASAS
Registered Member

Can we get a update fellows?

JOSE CASAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2008, 09:06 PM   #123
ktar
Moved On

most of the lps has recovered. i have not seen anymore receding so far.

ktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2008, 09:52 PM   #124
Znut Reefer
Premium Member

Great! thats good news Ktar. How many times did you treat with Interceptor?

Znut Reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/16/2008, 10:20 PM   #125
JOSE CASAS
Registered Member

awesome!!!!! Give us the details!! Has anyone else have had the same results?

JOSE CASAS is offline   Reply With Quote