Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/17/2018, 04:59 PM   #1026
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktorfisch View Post
Hi,

I have been using the Kore. Last year it stopped dosing for some issue

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=731

A couple of weeks ago I had another issue. It was not dosing at all. My corals have suffered a lot with low KH values untill I realised that the time on the display was frozen at 11:04. But the doser knew about the time and could dose with the application.

I have loaded the latest firmware and windows application. There is always the same issue with this doser, I have to use a firmware that is only a few days old. Why you do not make stable versions? I am expecting something very simple from the doser.

The new application works much worse for me than the old one: continuous freezing, I can only change a channel at a time. It is not possible to set channels to OFF. Some errors messages talk about a lamp, when I have a dosing pump, the display gets frozen, etc.

With all the errors I have uploaded the latest firmware but with very small confidence on this software again. I am not confident that an error will happen in a few weeks or months as it has happened since I use the doser . I am always praying that the doser will not download the full KH canister in the tank killing everything. I am sorry to say this, but may be you have to make a simple reliable version that does not crash.

Some pictures off the corals I have in the tank. I have a lot of effort put in this tank and cannot afford the frequent issues of the doser. This time KH dropped to 4,5 for some days. Same as with last issue.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...9ZS1lpemdxTDl3

Sorry again for having to tell this, but a more stable solution has to be found. Probably the problem is comming for supporting so many external devices and operating systems. Chinese dosers with built in displays do not have these issues.

Regards
You shouldn't notice any app freezing and similars. Latest firmware and software updates work very stable and we don't have any reports about unstable work or any similar issues.
It's working very stable on Windows, Mac and Android devices.
If your app freeze - it mean that signal quality is very bad. Please check doser antenna connection .
Check also that it's not sourced by your computer settings/hardware - are you using Windows app? Which version of Windows it is? Windows 10? Have you tried Android app for example?
Are you using external or internal Bluetooth module?
Latest version allow for saving data to each channel separately only - it was suggested by some Customers - some of them by mistake saved not proper data to other channels. Now Customer need to mark which channel need to be updated with new settings.
All other things work the same like in previous updates - if you hadn't any troubles before now your shouldn't also - if you have, please contact with our service they will help you finding a source of your troubles(during remotes session with your doser/computer).
Please write directly to service [at] pacific-sun.eu cause they are not checking sites like this and can't support Customers thru forums.

Regards

Przemek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax1325 View Post
I notice with the new firmware/software that I can only update one pump at a time. The first time I changed my doser settings pump #1 was the only one that changed, even though I had checked pumped 1-4. Checking on a single pump at a time and updating works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, its correct. When you hit checkbox on open pump - its disabled on second pump, so you cn see exactly which channel you are adjusting.
It's made cause some Customers using Windows Surface reported problems with data transfer when all channels are saved in the same time..
Latest firmware also fix issue with strange letters on screen after doser calibration/communciation. It wasn't offen issue but we implemented some new part of codes which eliminated it completly(not wasn't affecting dosing at all - it was only affecting proper data displaying on LCD).
Regards

Przemek

Unread 02/17/2018, 05:01 PM   #1027
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonj View Post
I really like the magnetic stirrer and holder but I have been unable to find any 500 ml bottles that fit in the holes does anyone have some suggestions?
Please contact with our support, they will send you information what kind of bottles fit to stirrer(for example - bottles from GroTech 500ml etc).
Regards

Przemek

Unread 02/17/2018, 08:59 PM   #1028
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Please contact with our support, they will send you information what kind of bottles fit to stirrer(for example - bottles from GroTech 500ml etc).
Regards

Przemek
I will I need bottles available in USA not Europe.
Jon

watsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/18/2018, 02:33 PM   #1029
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Sure, it's clear for me - they will send you some suggestions regarding size/models.

Unread 02/18/2018, 03:36 PM   #1030
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

Quote:

Yes, its correct. When you hit checkbox on open pump - its disabled on second pump, so you cn see exactly which channel you are adjusting.
It's made cause some Customers using Windows Surface reported problems with data transfer when all channels are saved in the same time..

Przemek

What kind of problems were these customers experiencing? adjusting the pumps was easier on the previous firmware... honestly, it's not that difficult to select a pump and change the value for each one.

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2018, 05:57 AM   #1031
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Quote:
Sure, it's clear for me - they will send you some suggestions regarding size/models.
I sent an email a week or to ago but no response does anyone else use the magnetic stirrer that can share what bottles they use. I have scoured various websites to buy empty bottles but nothing fits that is Over 8 OZ and has a flat bottom so the stirrer bar can work.

Unread 02/27/2018, 06:19 AM   #1032
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

@watsonj - We didn't get any mail from You. Did You send it at service@pacific-sun.eu?
You could use any bottle with diameter no bigger than 70mm.
For example Red Sea Reef Energy 500ml, Seachem Reef Iodide 500ml.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2018, 07:03 AM   #1033
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
Hello

@watsonj - We didn't get any mail from You. Did You send it at service@pacific-sun.eu?
You could use any bottle with diameter no bigger than 70mm.
For example Red Sea Reef Energy 500ml, Seachem Reef Iodide 500ml.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service.
Thanks I really wanted to buy some empty bottles rather than buy 5 bottles of a product I do not use.

Unread 03/01/2018, 07:09 AM   #1034
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Oh Boy, I ordered 5 RedSsea supplements in 500ml bottles so I could get bottles to fit the bracket, but Red SEA bottles do not fit in the bottle holder. The holes are 69 mm and the bottles 71mm. In the USA standard lab 500 ml bottles are 72 mm dia how about Pacific sun makes the holes 73 mm and the will fit almost all 500 ml bottles. Just saying, now back to returning five bottles of Red Sea supplements to the vendor. I guess I will now order five bottles of Seachem reef iodide and see if they fit and if they do I get to throughout the contents so I can have paid $100 for $5 worth of empty plastic bottles. How are supposed to know if a 500ml bottle has a diamiter of less than 70 mm when you buy it?

Unread 03/01/2018, 12:24 PM   #1035
miralami
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonj View Post
Oh Boy, I ordered 5 RedSsea supplements in 500ml bottles so I could get bottles to fit the bracket, but Red SEA bottles do not fit in the bottle holder. The holes are 69 mm and the bottles 71mm. In the USA standard lab 500 ml bottles are 72 mm dia how about Pacific sun makes the holes 73 mm and the will fit almost all 500 ml bottles. Just saying, now back to returning five bottles of Red Sea supplements to the vendor. I guess I will now order five bottles of Seachem reef iodide and see if they fit and if they do I get to throughout the contents so I can have paid $100 for $5 worth of empty plastic bottles. How are supposed to know if a 500ml bottle has a diamiter of less than 70 mm when you buy it?

How about take a tape measure and visit a Walmart?

miralami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2018, 12:51 PM   #1036
watsonj
10 & Over Club

yep tried and could not find.

Unread 03/01/2018, 05:34 PM   #1037
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

We will release dedicated containers which will fit to Kore 5th stirrer - but also Kore 7th dosing station.

Unread 03/01/2018, 06:16 PM   #1038
homer1475
Registered Member

Ok went back through this thread....daunting task, trust me.

Anywho, I need to replace the tubing in the rollers(not the tubing to my tank or bottles), What on god's green earth is the size for this? Everything I've read is only for the tubing to the bottles or tank, not the actual tubing in the roller heads.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/09/2018, 03:51 AM   #1039
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

@homer1475 - We use 5/3mm pharmed BPT tubings. You could order them directly from us. Please send mail at sales@pacific-sun.eu.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service

Unread 03/23/2018, 11:56 PM   #1040
Brad Orr
Registered Member

Angry Latest software

Anyone else having issues installing the latest software on windows? I’ve done the firmware update, but now my Kore 5th is acting like it has 7 pumps and alarming saying no liquid.

I’m unable to install the latest software as it crashes and advise to contact supplier, without the latest software it seems I have no way to disable pumps 6 and 7.

This has been painful

Brad Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2018, 11:48 AM   #1041
muppet12345
Registered Member

Where can i get the Android App (APK)?

Regards

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 mit Tapatalk

muppet12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2018, 12:35 PM   #1042
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet12345 View Post
Where can i get the Android App (APK)?

Regards

It's on their website in download section. Not sure if I can post direct link here.

Wysłane z mojego Moto G (4) przy użyciu Tapatalka

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2018, 12:47 PM   #1043
muppet12345
Registered Member

Thanks.
Is it just a app for Firmware Updates?
Or full contral?

muppet12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2018, 01:03 PM   #1044
intheshaddow
Registered Member

It's simplified version of pc software. You can basically control all functions of your doser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/24/2018, 01:10 PM   #1045
akela
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Orr View Post
Anyone else having issues installing the latest software on windows? I’ve done the firmware update, but now my Kore 5th is acting like it has 7 pumps and alarming saying no liquid.

This has been painful

I’m having the exact issue after latest firmware update. Dosers screen is rapidly flashing and it’s acting like it has 7 pumps and alarming that there are no liquids

akela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2018, 07:31 PM   #1046
Brad Orr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akela View Post
I’m having the exact issue after latest firmware update. Dosers screen is rapidly flashing and it’s acting like it has 7 pumps and alarming that there are no liquids

Anyone else? Or anyone had a response from PAC Sun?

Brad Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2018, 01:11 AM   #1047
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello

If You experienced refill alarm of pump 6&7, please use Clean Memory button in System tab and then upload Default settings. After default settings please recalibrate all pumps and set Your dosing settings again.

Best regards
Pacifici Sun Service.

Unread 04/03/2018, 07:11 PM   #1048
claudacate
Registered Member

Hi, after updating to the latest firmware and resetting memory, my doses display no longer shows the status of each pump only "act. Doses time ". So the display is only functioning as a clock , is this normal? It seems a waste of display.

claudacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2018, 11:35 AM   #1049
homer1475
Registered Member

Just got mine back online. Updated firmware, now the display just has some funky looking characters on it?. Not that I use the display at all, just kind of odd.

If I power cycle the unit, the display reads fine. Next time I connect to it, the display goes all wonky until I power cycle it again.

This also happens when I use the android app and my phone times out(screen goes wonky). I have to wake the phone, close the app, then reconnect, but this does not help the kore's screen. The only fix for that is to power cycle the unit.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2018, 01:28 PM   #1050
Editour2
Frank

Pacific Sun Service:
Kore 5th Dosers are offered in several Packages: 1) Starter package, 2) Regular package, 3) Pro and 4) Ultimate......

It is easy to see that each step up costs more money however what extras come with each step up?

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
junk trash